Racism test: because it's 2020

Because in current year, only white people can be racist.

2 Likes

But whity is not a single race.

Asian studies thought is not a rabbit hole you want to go down…trust me.

my mom said never trust who says the phrase.

2 Likes

As pointed out in the test: The work of these researchers has also in part been informed by the actual, lived experiences of non-White immigrants to Western nations, primarily the United States of America.

So the real problem that this test is trying to tackle are white Western people in Western nations, primarily the USA. I know that in Iran, Iraq, Israel and many other middle eastern countries, as well as South American ones, you can find people as white as someone from central/northern Europe, but any forms of racism there just happen to be caused by misunderstandings, of course.

1 Like

Your mom is very wise.

I got dinged for answering with only one red thumb that it might sometimes be ok to ask a non-white person if he/she knows another non-white person.

What, it’s never OK?

1 Like

I guess not…

The sports question threw me off. After many years of play basketball, I’ve yet to see a non black player do the crazy athletic shit I’ve seen black players do. It would be nice if I can just jump over people as well.

And the restaurant question too. I kind of expect some extra flavoring from asian restaurants lol

1 Like

Whoever wrote #10 has obviously never been to Minnesota.

A lot of the questions are really poorly worded, and lack specifics. I think it would have been a lot better to ask more specific questions with just agree or disagree. The lack of specifics open up a ton of room for interpretation, and you’re never gonna get consistent results because of it. I did it twice, got very different results depending on either taking the question literally or reading nuance into it.

2 Likes

Then you don’t understand the thinking of the wokey left. All answers must be either 100% in agreement or 100% in disagreement. There is no nuance and you loose points for any nuance at all. If you are just neutral you probably lose almost as many wokey points as being 100% wrong.

1 Like

That sounds like a generalization

1 Like

Yeah well, I went into that test thinking like a wokey left answered every question 100% in agreement or 100% disagreement and got 0% results in every category.

I think it’s a safe conclusion how they deduct wokey points and on what basis. All too predictably, since I got that on my first try.

4 Likes

I’ve experienced asian girls telling me I look like Brad Pitt and later the same night that I look like Rocco Siffredi… Are they racist?

I figured that was what you did. :sunglasses:

1 Like

No, figments of your imagination.

4 Likes

A) blind
B) horny
C) imaginary

3 Likes

For whites in Taitung up until about five years ago that was pretty well true. The answer to “Do you know that American/Canadian/English/other foreign person?” was likely to be “yeah, friend of mine.” The first time I went back to Canada I sprained my neck trying to figure out who all the honkies were. When dyed hair became fashionable I almost crashed my bike trying to figure out who that redhead or blond (Or blonde, if my wife wasn’t there) was.

2 Likes