Racist or Just a Bunch of Completely Moronic Douchebags?

still not sure if serious.

I can’t imagine that that is serious!

Whether or not it is racist would depend on your definition of racism. It is full of sexy stereotypes, and the “voice” of the song is pretty intellectually dim.

But is the intention to portray Asians as inferior? Note that she is a giant goddess figure and the band are little pets in a cage.

I think it is just a big silly yellow fever song. :2cents:

Extremely racist. No doubt it’s meant to be funny…but it’s not. The band has agreed to remove the video after being roundly slammed for the song.

“B----, I love you / I love your creamy yellow thighs / Ooh, your slanted eyes.”

It’s such a fine line between clever and stupid…

It may not be racist, in that we abuse that term these days. Racism would be believing in the superiority of one race over another, and that’s not really explored in this experiment in idiocy.

But is it offensive, sexist, and utterly dumb? Absolutely. For anyone who would argue it’s in jest, I counter with “It’s not funny, at all.” In terms of race, it reinforces general ignorance about Asians by grouping all different nationalities together, reinforces the typical view of Asian women as sexual playthings, and reinforces the notion that it’s totally OK for a man to insult and disrespect a woman.

I may be overreacting, but I don’t want people to think I’m those idiots when I’m out walking around with my fiancee.

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]It may not be racist, in that we abuse that term these days. Racism would be believing in the superiority of one race over another, and that’s not really explored in this experiment in idiocy.

But is it offensive, sexist, and utterly dumb? Absolutely. For anyone who would argue it’s in jest, I counter with “It’s not funny, at all.” In terms of race, it reinforces general ignorance about Asians by grouping all different nationalities together, reinforces the typical view of Asian women as sexual playthings, and reinforces the notion that it’s totally OK for a man to insult and disrespect a woman.

I may be overreacting, but I don’t want people to think I’m those idiots when I’m out walking around with my fiancee.[/quote]

Scores very high on the misogyny scale (with a nice reference to anal sex in first few bars). Its not racist in a burn a cross on your front lawn kind of way, but it is EXTREMELY racist in the casual tacitly approved racism that simpletons love to spout off about. If the stereotypes or references were mildly creative instead of painfully lame I’d chalk something up to good comedy, but this shit is just painful from every angle and an extreme in cringe worthiness. Normally I’d share stupid shit like this with my wife, but I feel it is in such poor taste and so bad that it may harm the way she views white people.

The model in the video is taking a beating on Instagram.

instagram.com/p/ch4umbJYdy/#

Parody? Satire? If so, it’s reeeeally poorly executed. It went downhill at “butt fucking all night” (which has what exactly to do with Asian girls? Not a stereotype I’ve ever heard), and it only went further south with “yellow thighs” and “slanted eyes”. And both are at the beginning of the video.

Great visuals, though. Best enjoyed with the sound off.

Well-executed satire and parody add something to the human experience. This, however, adds absolutely nothing whatsoever. These clowns should be burned at the stake. (I wouldn’t throw the model out of bed though.)

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]It may not be racist, in that we abuse that term these days. Racism would be believing in the superiority of one race over another, and that’s not really explored in this experiment in idiocy.
[/quote]

Sorry, where exactly was the insult and disrespect of a woman? I mean, it was just like a song straight from a drunk wanking after an unsuccessful Ladies" Night and devoid of any art or spirit, but were was the insult and disrespect?

[quote=“BigJohn”]

Sorry, where exactly was the insult and disrespect of a woman? I mean, it was just like a song straight from a drunk wanking after an unsuccessful Ladies" Night and devoid of any art or spirit, but were was the insult and disrespect?[/quote]

[quote]Asian girl (She’s my Asian girl)

You’re my Asian girl (You’re my Asian girl)

Asian girl (She’s my Asian girl)

I love your sticky rice (Love it)
Butt fucking all night
Korean barbecue
Bitch I love you
I love your creamy yellow thighs
Ooh you’re slanted eyes
It’s the Year of the Dragon
Ninja pussy I’m stabbin’

Yes my Asian girl (She’s my Asian girl)

Superstitious feng shui shit (what)
Now lay your hair by the toilet
I’ve got your green tea boba
So put your head on my shoulder (Uh)
Your momma’s so pretty
Best nails in the city
Pushing your daddy’s Mercedes

Girl, you drive me crazy

You’re my Asian girl (She’s my Asian girl)

New Year’s in February (February?)
That’s fine with me (I guess)
Yeah, shark soup (What? Fuck it, we’ll eat it)
Oh, tradition, tradition, tradition, yeah yeah
Baby, you’re my Asian girl
You’re here legally (the best kind)
So baby marry me
Come on sit on my lap (right here baby)
Or we’ll send you back
And you age so well
I can barely tell, that
17 or 23?
Baby doesn’t matter to me

(Cheesy Guitar break)

Alright

Arcadia

J-Town
Alhambra
K-Town
Temple City
Don’t forget Chinatown
Get down
Happy endings all over
Bruce Lee
Toyota
Spicy tuna Sashimi, yeah
Tasty Garden
Fried Lice
Sailor Moon
Wonton soup
Spring roll

Thai Ice Tea
Tibet Foot rub rub a down down down
Fa ra ra ra ra ra ra ra ra ra ra (hahahahaha whooo)
Tofu
All over you all over me (whooo, yeah, we love you all)

All the Asian girls

Keep smiling[/quote]

You watched that?

At least they used Asian and not Oriental.

Still prefer Bowie’s China Girl.

[quote=“Incubus”]

Still prefer Bowie’s China Girl.[/quote]

Why? Bowie bastardized Iggy’s version by making it about a Chinese girlfriend he had at the time. It’s about heroin. This was the exact moment Bowie jumped the shark.

And this video is the lamest thing I’ve ever seen.

[quote=“BigJohn”][quote=“Hokwongwei”]It may not be racist, in that we abuse that term these days. Racism would be believing in the superiority of one race over another, and that’s not really explored in this experiment in idiocy.
[/quote]

Sorry, where exactly was the insult and disrespect of a woman? I mean, it was just like a song straight from a drunk wanking after an unsuccessful Ladies" Night and devoid of any art or spirit, but were was the insult and disrespect?[/quote]

The ultimate “is it offensive” test: Try reciting the lyrics to a girl and see how she reacts. Guarantee: It won’t be positively.

I bet you don’t find Blurred Lines (or is it Blurry Lines) offensive either.

I vote moronic D-bags more likely to experience anal sex with themselves

the girls hot is all thats good bout this vid

copy pasted the lyrics

Oh. Was gonna say. Not exactly John Lennon eh.

It’s not even “Friday”.

Racist and moronic douchebags. I think they’re trying to be funny, but there’s nothing funny about the song, except perhaps to them. They do look and sound like a bunch of douchebags. As for the racism, the song is racist. C’mon they even mentioned slanted eyes and yellow thighs, that sounds very racist to me. But I also feel that the idiots who wrote/performed the song are probably so ignorant that they can’t see how racist it is - among other things.

On the issue of racism, I would have said that terms like “yellow,” “slanted eyes,” and “Oriental” are totally racist before I came to Taiwan. In English, these terms are utterly unacceptable, but I was really taken aback to find that they are completely a-ok in Chinese. So what’s the deal? Are we just more sensitive to racism? Every time I hear “yellow people” (黃種人) I feel greatly uncomfortable, but then again, how is that at all different from “white” and “black?”

And if “Oriential” is racist, why isn’t “Occidental?” I suppose in the end it’s not really an issue of linguistics, but one of social attitudes attached to the words.