Raids and raids and raids and RAIDS! Post your stories

My kindy was raided this morning. Everyone got out the back door and away.

Thought it was just a fluke until I heard from two more friends at two different schools…one a kindy and one a buxi. They were checking for ARC’s.

What are they trying to do? Thin the herd in time of recession? :frowning:

I just hope this was isolated. I’m hoping others will chime in so we can see how truly big it is. :frowning:

[color=#BF0000]
WOOHOO!!!
[/color]
:smiley: :laughing: :bravo: :discodance: :stuck_out_tongue: :pray: :thumbsup:
Thin that herd, I could use a new job. Which area btw?

haven’t had one this year…once broke through a mosquito net and swore as I jumped into a classroom and there was a mom sitting with a new student…heehee. Hate it hate it hate it.

then another time I walked up to them and asked them what they were looking for…

then another time a woman jumped over the wall outside my window and took a pic of me with her cellphone…i just invited her in and posed for a nicer pic.

all different schools…thought I was safe at a bushiban once…till I was shoved under the counter…turns out the boss applied for my ARC through another branch because his quota was full.

Aren’t they announcing these in advance in the Chinese-language press anymore?

Why on earth are these raids being done?

The buxiban I work at was inspected last fall. It’s in Songshan. Everything there is legal and all the visas and work permits have been obtained, so there was no running out the back.

I feel for teachers who think they’re working legally, but aren’t. No pitty whatsoever for those owners who knowingly break the rules and get caught.

Usually because a rival school files a written complaint, obliging the plods to check it out. As times grow lean, the complaints increase.

HG

and it is illegal to teach English to anyone under 6 in Taiwan. They know there are thousands out there that do and they need to catch a couple to keep their jobs.

So the persons “teaching” at these raided schools are engaging in illegal activities?

Oh…OK.

yes, as far as I know anyone that teaches at a kindergarten isn’t allowed to. You can get a work permit, but usually the school says you only teach Elementary. It’s difficult…it never used to be this way…and thousands moved here and started a new life…then it became illegal. But it’s hard to make enough money only teaching kids above 6…they have a nap when they get out of school, and eat…so most hours only start from 2pm.

Unfortunately most people that come here have no idea, until their co-workers come rushing into the class and shoving them into closets. Just look at the lies told by all the ads…work permit, health insurance, morning hours…nobody knows what theyre getting themselves into.

[quote=“Chuanzao El Ale Destroyer”]Thought it was just a fluke until I heard from two more friends at two different schools…one a kindy and one a buxi. They were checking for ARC’s.

What are they trying to do? Thin the herd in time of recession? :frowning:

I just hope this was isolated. I’m hoping others will chime in so we can see how truly big it is. :frowning:[/quote]

A few weeks ago before the mid-year point, a competitor near my school was raided and one illegal worker was caught climbing out a window.

Our school had heard about this and roughly a week later they hit our place. Isn’t it nice to be able to walk up to the beancounters and not be afraid to offer your hand to shake, knowing that your employer is on the up-and-up? :slight_smile:

And for the record, one of said competitor’s students is now one of ours.

[quote=“Sleepyhead”]
A few weeks ago before the mid-year point, a competitor near my school was raided and one illegal worker was caught climbing out a window.

Our school had heard about this and roughly a week later they hit our place. Isn’t it nice to be able to walk up to the beancounters and not be afraid to offer your hand to shake, knowing that your employer is on the up-and-up? :slight_smile:

And for the record, one of said competitor’s students is now one of ours.[/quote]

Did the other school have a lot of foreign teachers or just the one? If there were others, did they get away, or were they ‘legal’?

I get the impression that if a school provides work permits, they’ll get raided at some stage.

Where is your school?