🚆 Railways - THSR to be extended to Yilan

Most be really bored by now…

2 Likes

Only boring machines are bored…

1 Like

Given how Taiwanese people drive, do you really want them flying?

Imagine getting hit by flying cars when hanging laundry on the roof…

5 Likes

Will be all automatic, not that that is not risky…

I wonder how long into the future it’ll take to complete… Taipei in 13 mins would be so awesome

1 Like

The demand for beach houses out there will be massive.

yea imagine automatic flying scooters and I bet people will hack them to make them not so automatic…

Not really, you need to go to the station first. Depending on where you live.

Which public transport or mass transport projects ended in regret?

His tunnel idea was his most stupid one yet

They also said we’d all be in E-bikes by now. Turns out, that’s actually kinda easy but the taiwanese government would rather support its gas scooter industry . It’s always 20 years away.

plus the commute from the middle of nowhere HSR station… who knows how long it would be.

More than 13 minutes, by design.

Nope, but if this route is open, there goes the last option of cheap housing in this area…

Which genius decided to build HSR stations in the middle of nowhere?

2 Likes

Well if you look back, most of the stations on the existing HSR line were in the middle of nowhere when built, Taoyuan was one, have you seen that area now.

I am guessing that the Yilan station wont necessarily be there, rather at a suitable location where an interchange with the TRA can be developed without large scale demolition of existing buildings or homes.

It was designed to be part of a development scheme (i.e. property $$$) to help make this massive investment profitable without charging sky-high fares to passengers.

Guy

1 Like

Fares are still sky high, and they take you out in the middle of nowhere…

1 Like

HSR is expensive compared to TRA or highways buses, which remain options for anyone.

But HSR is comparatively inexpensive compared to similar state-of-the-art systems around the world. Put otherwise, you get Japanese quality without Japanese prices. : D

Guy

3 Likes

But not japanese service as you are dumped out in the middle of nowhere and still need to commute the last leg of the journey…

2 Likes

Yes it’s a different business model, that’s for sure. But this playbook was also used for some major stations in Japan including Shin-Yokohama and Shin-Osaka.

Cheers,
Guy