Rain, Rain , Go away! Chances?

UT = Utah :slight_smile: Although I was born in Texas, but only lived there till age 2 and I’ve never been back. I’ve heard good things about San Antonio, would like to go there someday.

Wow this is great news. Yahoo weather always sucks on my damn iphone!! it never reflects accurately here either so I should have known ! I am glad this forum exists for this reason haha thanks[/quote]

accuweather is the only site to use…the other sites use the CWB feed which predicts constant rain even if its just a 50% chance of a 10 minute shower in the afternoon…go figure

I was just in Penang for a week.

The weather reports (weather.com and BBC) predicted constant thunderstorms every day for my entire stay.

It only rained once, and briefly, for about an hour. And that was when I was in Ipoh, not Penang.

I appreciate all the responses and I will stay clear of weather reports haha although will check out accuweather. Thanks !

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]The weather bureau is predicting more and heavier rains this year because of El Nino.
Here is the forecast page.
cwb.gov.tw/eng/index.htm[/quote]

I think they’re right with regard to rain next week. My iPod weather app shows 28 degrees Thurs, Fri, Sat, then dropping to 17 on Sunday and Monday and down to 13 on Tuesday. If the temp changes that dramatically, it’s gotta rain.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”][quote=“Dr. McCoy”]The weather bureau is predicting more and heavier rains this year because of El Nino.
Here is the forecast page.
cwb.gov.tw/eng/index.htm[/quote]

I think they’re right with regard to rain next week. My iPod weather app shows 28 degrees Thurs, Fri, Sat, then dropping to 17 on Sunday and Monday and down to 13 on Tuesday. If the temp changes that dramatically, it’s gotta rain.[/quote]

Maybe but heck my iphone app has said its been thunderstorming in taipei last two weeks straight !

You might attract a few stares.

You might attract a few stares.[/quote]

LOL thats funny…i was like wait what?? i didnt say that did I? haha thanks for the laugh…but I only plan on going pant-less at the nightCLUBS haha :roflmao: :discodance:

By the way, if you really want to check up on the accuracy of the weather reports, the CWB puts up precipitation maps on their website - go to observation, then precipitation, and you can see how much rain there’s been for the past few days.

Thank you! That website also has in their forecast rain every day even though it hasnt’ been true. But I have not checked their history of past days to see if their forecast differed etc. Thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

Starting Saturday, it’s gonna be rain, rain and more rain…

sigh

Here comes the ‘mei yu’ bang on time, brace yourselves Taipei :slight_smile:

Plum rains start in May dont they? Not in March !! too early.

Oh maybe you’re right Tommy…anyway it’s always raining in Taipei.

[quote=“freethinker83”][quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“freethinker83”]Hello everyone,

As my trip to Taipei approaches March 24th I have been monitoring the weather there and im really disappointed that its non stop rain the past couple of weeks there. Is it possible the rain will let up by march 24th? What are my chances? How do locals enjoy night markets in pouring rain? Thanks for the help![/quote]

What Rain?[/quote]

are you jesting? weather reports show its been raining for two weeks straight. Is it correct on yahoo weather?[/quote]

MAte you should not reply on some shite yahoo site… :loco:

MAte you will still come out sogging wet after seeing all the hot babes that work the night markets

A number of the different sites list today as a rainy day in Taipei.

I went for a bike ride from about 9:30 to 1pm and got a little sunburnt through the mist/ haze. I occasionally thought the sky looked a little dark, but then I remembered to take my sunglasses off. I also realized that it’s time to start wearing sunscreen again.

I walked to work without an umbrella, although there was one moment when I wasn’t sure if it was starting to drizzle or if I was just standing under an air conditioner.

Between classes the ground was wet. It had been raining a bit.

Then I walked home without an umbrella.

That’s how a 20-28C “rainy” day often works out in Taipei, but if the temperatures are lower, yeah, the rain may be constant.

MAte you will still come out sogging wet after seeing all the hot babes that work the night markets[/quote]

well im into guys actually but im sure there are hot guys that work night markets as well (fingers crossed) hahaha

Today kind of sucks.

I dunno about that. I just walked around the track at the nearby U. Saw a great lightning storm and then got soaking wet.