Ramen pizza? Crazy mashup revealed by Pizza Hut...Taiwan

Bingo

I’m going to order this when I arrive. Is it still available?

bit of an exaggeration. its improved, theres still work to be done though.

not arrived yet?
guess we’ll know so, when during quarantine you are every other post response of every thread :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I know one in jingmei , it’s OK for the kids and a family thing every now and then. But quality isn’t great. Abs serious carbs if eating all the pizza.

That’s a declaration of war against Italy.

Did you ever watch a US food TV channel? You can’t make up that stuff.

they have fries on pizza in italy, that’s like, half as bad as this ramen pizza at least.

1 Like

No, I havent. But from the sounds of it, its a reality show trash fest likem ost of the rest of.the channels?

@bhl4life

Although great pizza isnt as common in the west, there are a number of scattered pizzarias that are great. Unfortunately the bosses seem similar with coffee shop owners and tend to close after a couple years. But given americans and italians hate each others pizzas, good is relative. Look.at Chicago, blasphemy. A solid 80% as gross as the tapioca taiwanese creation. But they love it…so pizza has a broad spectrum haha.

I just don’t think great ones are very common at all. Even though the standard has improved… i am basing this off the fact that every time i fancy a pizza i just don’t bother based off what i have already tried in taipei. Zoca pizza looks great from the pics, i need to try that one.
But honestly, pizza hut ain’t bad for the standard of pizza in taiwan. Might be controversial but that’s what i think

1 Like

Italians love that. Idk why lol.

1 Like

It is what it is.

Like most Chinese food in the west, some of it is not bad if you don’t think of it as authentic Chinese. It’s like a different category of food.

2 Likes

Exactly, and there’s nothing wrong with that. I would rather eat something good than authentic, if the authentic option completely misses the mark, which imo most pizza (and pasta) does in taipei.

I went to a pasta restaurant in taipei based on the strength of the reviews, everything looked authentic but nothing we ordered was good, missed the mark completely!

1 Like

But can anyone confirm this is still available?

I would only be pissed if they try to sell it as authentic. Which some places do when it’s not. Had the worst Spanish food in Malaysia made by a German chef who claims it to authentic. Awful, it was like a risotto with how watery it was. Actually more like Chinese rice porridge.

2 Likes

It is still available:

1 Like

Cant argue with that, as taste is mostly highly variable. Never been to Europe so.cant say. Bus as per north american and asian standards go taiwan is on par. Some total shyte, mist in the middle and a few very good ones.

Note I am not saying taipei, but taiwan.

A few hears ago P Se Pizza was amazing in pingtung. Closed now. Better than mkst oizza I have had in the usa or canada, by far. There was a white guy down in hippyville outside of kenting.which had amazing.pizza as well. Not sure where they are now if open at all. When working in the south I would eat at 3 pjzza shops nearly daily and be very satisfied everytime.

If people like pizza hut, no problem. Pizza hut back in the states or canada is also looked down upon in a similar way people that like burgers look at mcdonalds. It passes when hungry, but probably not many go home bragging to all their friends about the amazing dining experience they just enjoyed. Some people like shabu shabu in hot pot land. doesnt mean it is great, its just cheap, filling and no one notices the actual quality. Smiles all around. But there are certainly good pizzas around like there are good hot pot, sushi or thai places around.

單點花好月圓花生湯圓比薩

d765a88269fab0048d532ca6ce9e1087

That’s what Taiwanese do, they take the whole family for an experience to Pizza hut or Mc Donald’s.

He’s serious about that?

1 Like