Random articles suitable for teaching kids

Came across this one today, some interesting themes in there.

sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/ca … 12512.html

Always on the lookout for these

amazing piece of story. the kid, the parents, and the name of Leah should be commended.

Technically, the school is training him for adult life. Most places require that defenders demonstrate that they made at least some reasonable attempt to flee before they fought their attackers. Of course, in real situations, that’s nonsense, but it is the law.

An acquaintance of mine had to confront a gang of six people once. He could have tried to run away, but he did something different. It turned out (to my surprise) that he had been some high-ranking shotokan dan for some years, and they taught him that the best way to fend off multiple attackers is to psychologically deter them by seriously maiming the first one, which he did (shattering the first guy’s elbow and fracturing his ulna in one hit). Seeing body parts bend the wrong way and hearing someone scream out in pain are real deterrents for most people. I was only an indirect witness to the incident (only heard the scream and saw the people back off), but luckily there were others present who backed his account. No charges were ever filed.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]Came across this one today, some interesting themes in there.

sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/ca … 12512.html

Always on the lookout for these[/quote]

I check out this site weekly…sometimes the topics are not appropriate obviously but you can find quite a few good ones to chat about:

nbcnews.com/id/4429957

How do you explain “noggin” to the Taiwanese kids?
Will you show “So I Married an Axe Murderer” clip, “That’s a huge noggin”.

Can you tell it is Friday afternnon and I am supposed to be working.

Put it in context:

Stuart Mackenzie: Look at the size of that boy’s head.
Tony Giardino: Shhh!
Stuart Mackenzie: I’m not kidding, it’s like an orange on a toothpick.
Tony Giardino: Shhh, you’re going to give the boy a complex.
Stuart Mackenzie: Well, that’s a huge noggin. That’s a virtual planetoid.
Tony Giardino: Shh!
Stuart Mackenzie: Has it’s own weather system.
Tony Giardino: Sh, sh, shh.
Stuart Mackenzie: HEAD! MOVE!
Stuart Mackenzie: I’m not kidding, that boy’s head is like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts! Now that was offside, wasn’t it? He’ll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow."