Random Beers

[quote=“chung”][quote=“Mr He”]
They are good. Ask Chung, he’s had a few at my old place and started buying them himself after he managed to empty my fridge.[/quote]

You mean I used to buy’em. Sadly, this year’s crop was a bit thin so it’s back to the herb rice wine! There’s no end to my misery!:([/quote]

last Saturday’s harvest in Tesco in Nankan was ok for me. Will tide me over your next visit.

Well then, maybe I should bring the bottles of homemade wine I purchased from a very friendly guy in a blue truck! :sunglasses:

Wow, I just love moonshine, especially mi jiu! :smiling_imp:

Looking forward to see you.

Spack is taking a posting holiday because if he doesn’t post he can get some work done. Money or posting… tough decision.

But where is jeepers???

Oh, Mr He. I am up for the beers but I never leave my town, the police have attached one of those collars to my neck and if I try to leave town my head will explode, at least that’s what the wife says.

Chung and I will finish the beers ourselves then.

You don’t live that far away. I once fell asleep afte ra wet night on the town, and didn’t get off at Yangmei. I woke up in Taichung and had to spend a few hrs in a lovers hotel waiting for the 1st train to Yangmei. took 2 hrs.

HEY, somebody deleted my post. That took me one step further from being a Game Parlor Gangster!

On topic:

What’s TESCO? and thanks for the info bassman

Tesco’s it a british-owned hypermarket. The ambience is a bit like Carrefour, RT mart and Geant, but with a little bit more foreign foodstufs. Tends to be cheaper too.

There’s one in Taoyuan and one in Zhongli.

Is there still a Tesco’s in Taoyuan? My sweetie told me that the one in Taoyuan had moved to Zhungli. I said surely no, hasn’t it just moved from Taimall to somewhere else in Taoyuan and another one opened in Zhungli. But she insisted that what she had said was right, and I deem it politic not to continue any discussion beyond the first rebuttal.

I’m sorry, Mr He, was there an invite for a swally that i missed? Your English seems to be slipping (working with Aussies to blame, no doubt!)

Where? When?

There is a Tesco in Taoyuan. I know that for a fact because I was there last Saturday. It is at Jingguo rd, not far from the Nankan interchange.

If you come from Taipei, you go left toward Taoyuan instead of right toward Taimall and turn right down Jingguo road. It will be at your right after 1.3 km.

There is also a Tesco in Zhongli. My wife did some shopping there earlier today. They don’t have the draught bitter there, that’s only in the taoyuan store.

Sheesh, how long have you been away? That happened years ago, why do you think I got married?

:wink:

[quote] There is a Tesco in Taoyuan. I know that for a fact because I was there last Saturday. It is at Jingguo rd, not far from the Nankan interchange.

If you come from Taipei, you go left toward Taoyuan instead of right toward Taimall and turn right down Jingguo road. It will be at your right after 1.3 km.

There is also a Tesco in Zhongli. My wife did some shopping there earlier today. They don’t have the draught bitter there, that’s only in the taoyuan store.[/quote]

Thank you, Mr. He, for your on-the-spot report and precise directions. I have copied them onto a scrap of paper for use when I next have time to venture to those wilder regions south of Taipei. Like all my many similar scraps of paper, I will almost certainly mislay it before I can use it. But perhaps I’ll remember it clearly enough to still find my way there somehow or other (if I’m not devoured by wild beasts, sucked into a quagmire, or kidnapped by betel-nut beauties en route).

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]
Thank you, Mr. He, for your on-the-spot report and precise directions. I have copied them onto a scrap of paper for use when I next have time to venture to those wilder regions south of Taipei. Like all my many similar scraps of paper, I will almost certainly mislay it before I can use it. But perhaps I’ll remember it clearly enough to still find my way there somehow or other (if I’m not devoured by wild beasts, sucked into a quagmire, or kidnapped by betel-nut beauties en route).[/quote]

Beware of the betel nut beauties there. They are as scantily clad as usual and has nearly caused me to crash into a big dump truck more than once.

They have signs, in case you get completely lost.

I will studiously avert my gaze from the betel-nut beauties’ long shapely legs, pert little butts, beckoning cleavage, and acres of bare naked fully exposed luscious inviting succulent flesh. I won’t even think about it.

PLS. Don’t buy any draught bitter, as I want to buy it mys… Rumor has that it’s very bad.

It sounds like there could be a bitter dispute brewing up here.

Where the hell is Spack and his over-post posse?

That’s the trouble with cops, never around when you need them…

[quote=“hsiadogah”]Where the hell is Spack and his over-post posse?

That’s the trouble with cops, never around when you need them…[/quote]

That’s what I’m saying.
[see below]

They’ll re-stock soon, I think, so there should be enough to go around.

Tesco’s bitter ?! Hey, why not get a few tins of Special and a six-pack of Tenements and sleep on a park bench ? You’ll need a mangy dog and an old rug too.