*rant* I confessed so it should all be okay now.........!

WHAT THE ******* IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?
Seriously. Can someone, anyone, please explain this thought process.

1. you do something HORRIBLE to someone. You completely betray a friend in a really fucked up way.
  2. You confess this to the person.
  3. you think that because you told the person what you did, they will immediately say “I’m so glad you told me… here’s a cookie”

Why do people think like that? How is it that people think they can completely fuck each other over and yet still be friends because they confess to it?

“I have been sleeping with your wife for six months”
“That’s nice. Glad you told me. Here, have a cookie”

And then WHY… WHY WHY WHY… when someone betrays a friend horribly, do they feel the need to harass said person if that person isn’t willing to be friends?
ring ring
“I hate you”
ring ring
“I hate you”
ring ring
“I hate you”
ring ring
"I hate you"ring ring
“I hate you”
ring ring
“Okay. I love you”

Does it ever work like that? No? Then why do people still act like they think it will???
SOME PLEASE EXPLAIN!!

Without knowing all the details. If it is about a freind sleeping with your spouse It is probably because they want to have guiltless sex together.

I guess ignorance is bliss sometimes.

Would you rather they killed you first and then sleep together?

Because it’s the Christian thing to do?

[Note: I know almost nothing about christianity.]

Because people always hope that their friends will see things from their perspective, and are sometimes surpised when they don’t. Also, most people are afraid of paying for the consequences of their actions. It is a natural human response to guilt–(First thought) “Oh shit, I’ve done something very wrong.” (Next thought) “Oh shit, I’m going to have to pay the price for it, but I really hope I don’t have to.” Accepting the consequences of what you have done is something only emotionally mature people learn to do, and only after a great deal of practice and concerted effort. I’m still working on it.

Your second question hints at a unique feature of local culture. I’ve experienced it myself, after a break-up. A few I love you/beg you to come back calls, followed by several I hate you calls, followed by the flourish–a declaration of undying love. If I were you, I’d go and get a new cell number, and before you switch out the SIM card, send a text message saying that you’ll call this person when and if you’re good and ready to, and that he/she will just have to wait until you do. Block the person’s e-mail address, make yourself hard to find. Take the power back from this person, whose behavior is abusive (but hopefully only temporarily so).

Good luck.

[quote=“SuchAFob”]WHAT THE ******* IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?

1. you do something HORRIBLE to someone. You completely betray a friend in a really fucked up way.
  3. you think that because you told the person what you did, they will immediately say “I’m so glad you told me… here’s a cookie” [/quote]

I suppose it depends on what you did to the other person.

Did you rape, torture and murder all of that person’s loved ones? That is horrible by any standard.

Or did you forget to wash the dishes the night before? What’s horrible to one person can be trivial to another.

Think of it this way:

You do something horrible to a friend.
As a result you are fraught with guilt and remorse.
You do not want to damage your friendship, which you value.
You approach your friend, confess your wrongdoing, say that you know it was wrong, apologize profusely, offer to make amends, pledge never to do that thing again, and you mean it.
You hope that your friend will see your sincerity and offer forgiveness, so that the two of you can rebuild your trust and friendship together.

[quote=“Chris”][quote=“SuchAFob”]WHAT THE ******* IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?

3. you think that because you told the person what you did, they will immediately say “I’m so glad you told me… here’s a cookie” [/quote]

I suppose it depends on what you did to the other person.

Did you rape, torture and murder all of that person’s loved ones? That is horrible by any standard.

Or did you forget to wash the dishes the night before? What’s horrible to one person can be trivial to another.

Think of it this way:

You do something horrible to a friend.
As a result you are fraught with guilt and remorse.
You do not want to damage your friendship, which you value.
You approach your friend, confess your wrongdoing, say that you know it was wrong, apologize profusely, offer to make amends, pledge never to do that thing again, and you mean it.
You hope that your friend will see your sincerity and offer forgiveness, so that the two of you can rebuild your trust and friendship together.[/quote]

What if a friends girlfriend was continually rude to you and you eventually turned around and told her to have a nice full glass of shut the fuck up?

I would say that is a pretty minor infraction…

All of your posts that I’ve read of yours make me think you are a sweet, caring and level-headed person, SuchAFOB. I don’t know what cards life has dealt you lately, but I hope things get better for you soon.

Don’t let the bastards get you down. :rainbow:

kick the wife and the dude out of your life.