Rant: The little blue trucks

After being here for a few months now, and driving a car and scooter about 50/50, I have come to the conclusion that the drivers of the little blue trucks are the worst in Taiwan. I used to think Taxi drivers were the most arrogant, but nope, the little blue truck drivers are more arrogant and more stupid.

I saw a blue truck today scream down the shoulder at around 90 km/h, when everyone else was doing around 50-60, swerving into lanes and out to avoid parked cars and buses, then decide to do a U-turn so swings completely left from the shoulder across 2 lanes with the inside rear wheel smoking as he powered into the traffic going the other way. :wall:

The amount of times I have seen these idiots do the worst of taiwan’s bad driving moves (and that’s saying something) is beyond me.
Obviously it is a regulation to paint these tonka toys all one color so everyone can get the hell out of the way. :upyours:

I have to agree. You should see them go this hill where I live. Sounds like a small train puttering away, with a plume of smoke in it’s wake. Reminds of the Chinese countryside. Can’t wait to start driving and experience bumper cars all over again.

you know, i thought that blue trucks were the anti-christs of the road for some time. but i just saw, for the first time, an SUV painted that same blue-truck color that inspires fear in the most offensive motorcyclists …

gonna start taking my car everywhere if all the SUV’s start being blue-truck-blue.

The offical prder of dangerousness of vehicles (dangerous to others that is) is:

Big trucks
Little blue trucks
Buses
Taxis
Racing cars
Volvos
BMWs and Benzes
Cars
Scooters and Motorcycles

Brian

CEMENT TRUCKS drive the fastest of all vehicles on the road.

You have to watch out for the blue trucks. But you also have to watch out for the bikes and cars with modifications.

The tricked out scooter I saw today blew my mind. In the middle of Taipei city at 11 PM, Zhongxiao and Padeh Road he was doing wheelies. The bike sounded louder than a loud car sounds.

These and gravel truckx or probably paid per load. So…out of my way, need to make some more money today… :bluemad:

Those Blue truck guys rent those vehicles so they have as much respect for the road and vehicle as the Bush twins do after a hard night of Texas drinking.

Most of these guys are undereducated, underpaid frustrated losers high on Betel nut, Whay-se-bee and Long Life cigarettes…

Feel free to beat the shit out of them should they cross your path…you would be doing a public service. :astonished:

[quote=“twocs”]You have to watch out for the blue trucks. But you also have to watch out for the bikes and cars with modifications.

The tricked out scooter I saw today blew my mind. In the middle of Taipei city at 11 PM, …

Also be very careful of speed crazed-ex-acid foreign freaks on two stroke motorcycles doing 120KM…in the mid-day sun. two wheels optional.

Is the rocket launcher still an option on the new model Kymcos?

I have seen little blue trucks on their side on a number of occasions in the middle of the highway as well as larger trucks a few times.

This proves that they are not operating outside the laws of physics as I had previously suspected when observing their swerving and cornering antics.

[quote=“mikeg”]
I have seen little blue trucks on their side on a number of occasions in the middle of the highway as well as larger trucks a few times.
[/quote]I hope you did us all a favor and put a match to the gas tank.

[quote=“Bubba 2 Guns”][quote=“twocs”]You have to watch out for the blue trucks. But you also have to watch out for the bikes and cars with modifications.

The tricked out scooter I saw today blew my mind. In the middle of Taipei city at 11 PM, …

Also be very careful of speed crazed-ex-acid foreign freaks on two stroke motorcycles doing 120KM…in the mid-day sun. two wheels optional.[/quote][/quote]

Opps, I use to love acid when I was 18. And I reach 140km/hr on city roads…and 175 on country on a daily basis. Kinda funny how you put the ex-acid freak with the riding fast together…never thought there was a connection.

Well…a little dick swinging session.

I usually went much faster then 170km when I was on acid. I started slowing down when the "G"s started pulling my eyelids back and I’d wind up looking like Jang, Jin Guo with the mumps. I’d come back from rides a few days younger because of the space-time continuum, the effect was an evil looking face lift.

I’ll race anyone, anytime, on any drug anywhere…the Gauntlet has been thrown!

We are kind of wandering off topic here…

Considering some of your past experiences, I’m hardly surprised… :wink: