Ranting, raving, venting

I’m in full agreement with daryl_ks. For what it’s worth, I was thinking the same thing after reading the topic starting post. People are people and westerners will be westerners anywhere they chose to call home.

A shame really because to a large degree I’m getting out the US for a few years and moving to Taiwan because I’m sick of the attitude. If I had to listen to my co-works talk about American Idol or their new car/home/shinny expensive thingy at lunch one more time I was going to go postal.

I guess it’s the same same everywhere.

BTW, avatar is fine with me too. I’m just happy Illinois is in Canada. :slight_smile:

Just do what I do, quote gangster rap, death metal lyrics or old hardcore punk choruses and lines when you meet a foreigner who is on some elitist trip here. The look on their faces when you scream things like I’ll list below is almost always priceless!

Examples:
‘Beam me up Scotty, I control your body and I’m as deadly as AIDS when it’s time to rock a party’

Or scream a really loud ‘AAAaaarrrrggghhhhhhh, Anngelll of Deeaaattthh’ (But make sure you also do the drumming that comes after, it goes like Dun, Dun, dun na na na na, dun, Dun, dun na na na na dun.)

Or say something like this ’ My girlfriend asks which one I like better’ ‘Six pack’ ‘I hope the answer doesn’t upset her’ ‘Six pack’ Or yell ’ Chemical warfare’ ‘Chemical warefare warefare warefare’

If that doesn’t make them shut up, confused or having them wanting to walk away from you with a snoddy sneer on their faces, just smile and nod then scream something like ‘Nintendo’ and run across the room. It works for Mr. Bungle.

All and all, life is too short to waste on people with bad attitudes who try to bring you down some way when you meet. Do what you enjoy doing and you’ll meet like minded cats here soon enough!
Peace

Heh heh… I thought that right away when I threw that up as my avatar… seeing as how the south-eastern states are greenish… And Alaska, although I’m not really sure what’s up with that… but to answer the question, no, my username doesn’t really have much of anything to do with the avatar…

But back to the topic at hand… I agree with pretty much everything everybody has said so far, and it’s more or less on the same line of thinking that comprises my everyday antics… other than the “screaming NINTENDO at the top of my lungs and running around like a lunatic” thing…

And yeah, these people are very easy to avoid, and I’ve found some great friends here so far… but a co-worker mentioned this to me a while back and it’s really stuck with me: With a rather small amount of foreigners around, sometimes you’re forced to be friendly to people you wouldn’t be friendly with in the real world… or something along those lines anyway… It’s hard to get around that…

Okay, my subtle effort to troll didn’t work on anyone else, so I’ll try.

[quote=“OutofChaos”]keepitgreen, I can understand California, but if it