Rare Ice Cream Finds

Damn this is good! I stopped at 7-11 on my way home and remembered this post about the apple pie bar, so I had to get one for me and one for the hubby. It tastes just like apple pie without the crust. Thanks for the recommendaton.

2 Likes

I tried the HiChew ice cream bar today. It was a refreshing treat. The outside is icy, chewy, grape flavor and the inside is creamy ice cream. Very similar to a creamsicle.

2 Likes

What does that mean? Not good?

typo

I haven’t seen my beloved Halo Top in Carrefour nor RT-Mart. But today I came across this one in the big Carrefour at Qizhang:

I was surprised by how good it is :yum:

2 Likes

I am incensed by the price of Haagen Dazs in this country.

2 Likes

They are saving you from yourself.

Guy

Apple pie ice cream I found at 7-11.
It… tasted like apple pie. Not too sugary.
NT$69 (totally worth it)
20220601_204111_2|690x403

2 Likes

I saw that but the pic did not look very tasty, on the contrary… Glad to hear it is a good option.

Bought the locally made passion fruit lemon bar. It arrived to my home - two blocks away- in a liquid state. So I poured it in a glass, added a bit more water and enjoyed it as a slushie.

i’ve had it too.

6 Likes

I think I saw a three pack of them at RT Mart recently.

1 Like

Since half this thread was about Ekselence, I made it its own thread.

4 Likes

Are there other notable brands?

Not sure how rare, but these were at Jason’s today.

5 Likes

Has anyone tried the Napolitano cones from PX Mart?

This one:

Bulla is alright. I didn’t find it transformative, or even better than say the buckets of Meiji you will also find in the PX Mart freezers. But it’s not bad.

Guy

When I was a child, Neapolitan ice cream was so creamy. Haven’t found anything similar since. :grandpa:

1 Like

It’s Friday afternoon, and you are hankering for a small treat. Ice cream? Potato chips?

Well, Pols from Latvia can let you have both, with bits of potato chips mixed in with the chocolate coating, resulting in a nice crunchy texture and the faintest hint of salt. This concoction is available at fine Family Marts, hopefully near you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

2 Likes

TBH it sounds bad, some things just dont mix well in my mind. The same way i wouldnt make a Nutella & cheddar sandwhich, chips are chips, chocolate is chocolate…

I think they are aiming at the crunchy creamy salty sweet nexus.

I cannot say this concoction transformed my life, but—like almost all the Latvian ice cream I’ve had in the past two years—it wasn’t at all bad. :grin:

Guy

1 Like