Raspberry Pi Shop at Guanghua?

Are there any raspberry pi suppliers at Guanghua? I want to get a raspberry pi 3, a compatible 3.5” screen, and if possible a very small raspberry pi compatible camera (or any small usb camera). Thanks for the help!

That type of stuff is there, if memory serves me right they’re mostly in those underground electronic stores off the old street, not sure about in the new building. Might not necessary be Raspberry Pi brand but compatible stuff.

1 Like

I’ve seen them in a couple of shops, but I suspect (based on Arduino stuff) that the markup will be quite a bit higher than just buying them on Shopee etc. I’d buy them online, but it’s probably worth at least checking the online prices first if you prefer a physical store.

3 Likes

5th storey, but there remains a huge shortage on Raspberry pis

3 Likes

Thanks guys. Will look this afternoon

Oh. Also check 良興

They also stock them. But shortage might make them relatively expensive.

1 Like

Aren’t raspberry pi obsolete now?

No

2 Likes

Want to use one for making a prototype for a product idea I have

2 Likes

No. They release new ones every year or two

1 Like

Can you give more details about your idea? Is it essential that you use a Raspberry Pi 3 for it? I ask because of the wealth of options regarding SBCs and microcontrollers.

I have a lot of love for the technology.

I have one running MagicMirror as an information board (calendar, weather) and photo slide show in the living room, another running PiHole (both Pi 3), a Pi Zero W running a motion sensor light over the front door, and a Pi Zero W 2 running MotionEyeOS to keep an eye on the dogs, and a couple of Pi 4s for coding garbage, and Retro Pi (which, try as I might, I just can’t get into). Oh, and another Pi 3 running the absolutely delightful ZXBaremulator which soothes the nostalgia jonesing. And then too many microcontrollers for reading temperature, humidity and air quality in different rooms of the house.

My main desktop is an (overpriced) LattePanda Alpha, which is great with an SSD attached.

4 Likes

As others have said, they do have a few Raspberry Pi bits and pieces in the underground mall area (look in the windows - I forget which store I saw them in) but they’re most likely marked up and/or limited choice. Just buy them online.

I’d also suggest you have a look at the ESP32 ecosystem - these are just stupid cheap and very capable. There is a dev kit available with a camera attached.

1 Like

Nope, but raspberry pi is just easy to do a prototype

that’s interesting, I never knew there’s an underground area at Guanghua… where can you find the entrance to it?

First floor mens toilet, second stall down, knock on the door 3 times, password is “Grizzly Boo”. But don’t tell anyone else shhh :shushing_face:

6 Likes

I think they’re talking about here

It’s not the fancy shiny Digital Plaza.

2 Likes

I think it’s that one, yeah, the underground Electronic Plaza.

But I’m guessing you’re thinking of the adjacent Syntrend rather than Guanghua Digital Plaza…? (Or you must have quite a low bar for “fancy shiny”…)

1 Like

How about the Forumosan handshake?

1 Like

You can shake what you like in the third stall down :wink:

2 Likes