Rat poo in my cola

Tonight I got an extra special bonus in my cola.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/ … atpoo1.jpg
Looks like rat poo to me.
I sucked it up through my straw (unknowingly of course) and spat this thing out.
IT WAS IN MY MOUTH!! YUCK!!
It didn’t taste like poo. It doesn’t smell like poo. But it sure looks like poo!!

I won’t say where I bought the cola from just yet. I’ll let you guess for now. I’d like to hear what the manager has to say to us first.
We have phoned the establishment already. A manager called us back offering a VIP card or some petty thing. They’re going to phone us back again tomorrow to discuss the matter more.

I still can’t get the feeling out of my head. That little rat poo, the size of a pea, rolling around in my mouth, touching my tongue, my teeth… YUCK! I almost barfed. I still might.

I won’t catch anything or be poisoned, will I? :noway:

Only one way to find out if it’s rat shit - take it to a vet and ask for it to be tested. Ask the vet, or your doctor, what you could catch from rat shit. Are you sure you didn’t swallow any?

Well I had drank about 90% of my cola before discovering the little turd.
I’m sure particles had fallen off and were ingested by then.

Wow… that sucks. I’ve had things like that happen before, but i’ve never found any rat poo.

What kind of VIP card is this? You get free stuff from the store? Cause it’s not the stores fault if it was coke from a bottle that was shipped to them… unless it was like a Big Gulp from 7-11… then it might have been there fault.

Was this Cola from a drinks machine, i.e. McDonalds or somewhere like that? It actually looks like a lump of undisolved Cola concentrate rather than anything else. As above, suggest you get it tested to (hopefully) put your mind at ease.

Well, in Australia you’d have a leg to stand on. Hopefully I can remember my first year torts class. The (in)famous Donohue v Stevenson case (UK, 1930) was about a snail in a bottle of ginger beer. Based on the shock that the consumer felt upon finding the snail, the court ruled that manufacturers had a duty of care to their customers.

Here, I’m not sure. Donohue v Stevenson would have very little standing in Taiwan.

Anyway, it was one of the funnier cases that we studied at law school, hence my somewhat irrelevant story.
[/quote]

[quote=“Springfield”]Wow… that sucks. I’ve had things like that happen before, but i’ve never found any rat poo.

What kind of VIP card is this? You get free stuff from the store? Cause it’s not the stores fault if it was coke from a bottle that was shipped to them… unless it was like a Big Gulp from 7-11… then it might have been there fault.[/quote]

The vendor is legally responsible for the safety of food he sells. He may in turn sue his supplier. The purchaser is likely to sue the manufacturer (alway sue the guy with the deepest pockets) as well as the shop. Probably.

I have this vision of you taking the carefully wrapped and preserved morsel of evidence to the vet and him looking at it closely, and then popping it in his mouth and chewing and then swallowing, and then saying “Yep, that’s rat shit alright”…

The drink was from a well known fast food restaurant. The kind with a red haired uncle…

My buddy used to work for McD’s in Aus, he said that the syrup can form chunks, but never that size and that shape. He suggested it could have been in the ice…

I remember a case called Carlile and the Carbolic Smoke Ball Company. Apparently it was very important. There was a girl from Hong Kong who was really cute and used to sit in the same place in each lecture. The lecturer used to say a lot of words and I’d gaze longingly at her. I never got the chance to talk to her. I remember that, too. Maybe what you’ve got there is a carbolic smoke ball?

That looks really nasty…I hope for your sake it’s not a turd. I almost threw up too reading your post!

Like it’s been said, get it tested, find out what it is. You might get a parasite or something if it was da bien.

Rat poo in my cola, I know
I know - its serious
My, my, my, my, my, my cola, goodbye

hate to break it to you taiwanpsycho, but…

have you ever eaten any processed, packaged, factory food??

if you have, then believe me, you have eaten many turds, fluids, fur, feathers, skin cells, and other various and sundry objects.

have you ever visited a warehouse or factory that mass-produces foodstuffs? humans consume pounds of this stuff over a lifetime and may not even think about it. do you think these factories or warehouses are spotless and vermin free? think again.

even fresh greens picked out of your own garden may contain bugs and poop and lord knows what.

thats why we have white blood cells.

thats why we have digestive tract acids and bacteria.

just think of the boost you may have given your immune system.

jm

Get it analyzed. While you’re at it, do a quick google for hantavirus, Weil’s disease and leptospirosis.
Just to put your mind at rest, you know?

[quote=“sandman”]Get it analyzed. While you’re at it, do a quick google for hantavirus, Weil’s disease and leptospirosis.
Just to put your mind at rest, you know?[/quote]

Sound advice, sir, except, since the offending faeca was discovered in a soft drink, perhaps the OP should be more concerned with

Fantavirus…

In all food stuff there is a small portion of insect or animal particles allowed … things as cockroach legs, mouse droppings, spider eyes, etc … it’s not a joke

I’ve still got your bloody Belgian Pies in the freezer. We trot out a portion each night as desert. Now, I’ll be thinking about this post.

Thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“sandman”]Get it analyzed. While you’re at it, do a quick google for hantavirus, Weil’s disease and leptospirosis.

Sound advice, sir, except, since the offending faeca was discovered in a soft drink, perhaps the OP should be more concerned with

Fantavirus…[/quote]
Urg. Someone shoot the pianola player please.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“the chief”][quote=“sandman”]Get it analyzed. While you’re at it, do a quick google for hantavirus, Weil’s disease and leptospirosis.

Fantavirus…[/quote]
Urg. Someone shoot the pianola player please.[/quote]

You kidding? I thought that joke was FANTAstic!

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“the chief”][quote=“sandman”]Get it analyzed. While you’re at it, do a quick google for hantavirus, Weil’s disease and leptospirosis.

Fantavirus…[/quote]
Urg. Someone shoot the pianola player please.[/quote]

I presume that has something to do with Kurt Weil’s disease???
Marked by an irrepressible urge to break into Mack the Knife at inappropriate moments???