Re-entering Taiwan with a job seeker ARC extension

Hi folks, sorry there’s a few questions rolled into this:

In brief have one of those 6 month ‘looking for work’ ARCs and it says multiple re-entry permit on the card. It’s due to expire on 31st January this year so I’m planning on coming back to Taiwan in early January, doing my quarantine and getting to the immigration office before the 31st to get the 2nd 6 month extension and re-settling in Taiwan.

• What is the situation like in terms of getting back into Taiwan atm? Is it possible that the border people will want to see a flight out as technically I need to be out of Taiwan by January 31st?

• Do I need to complete any online processes do to get back into Taiwan?

• Also the number on the extension ARC is different from the ARC that I held whilst working. If I got a new job, would the number revert back to the old ARC number? Or will my previous 2 years no longer count if I decide to go for the APRC?

Cheers peeps

Hi @iago88
I’m on the same boat.

• I’m currently holding a “Foreign Professional” ARC
  • I will soon be on a “Job Seeker” ARC
  • I plan to fly in and out of Taiwan multiple times during this period for personal reasons
  • I plan to renew this “Job Seeker” ARC once

How was the re-entry experience for you on the “Job Seeker” ARC?
I flew in and out of Taiwan multiple times with the “Foreign Professional” ARC and as one would expect everything was smooth and the departure/arrival immigration officers didn’t bother asking questions, not even once.

I imagine someone on a “Job Seeker” ARC might be treated differently, specially if that someone is:

• constantly flying in and out of Taiwan
  • and lived outside of Taiwan for the most part of the ARC duration

Makes it seem like I’m not actually looking for a job and might make getting the one time extension difficult, or worse, maybe on my 10th arrival to Taiwan immigration will flat out deny entry?