Re-entry visa while ARC is being processed

Hi all!, rescentley landed a job here in Taiwan ( Kaohsiung) English teaching.
My school has given me a work permit but my ARC is yet to be processed ( still waiting two days for my Visa to change to a work visa and not a visitors visa). Then can apply for ARC -takes about ten days as far as I understand.

Anyway… in the meantime I need to leave Taiwan for a wedding in Europe and re enter in a weeks time. So my question is…

Does anybody have exsperience leaving Taiwan as their ARC is being processed?.
How did you do it? Was obtaining a re-entry permit simple? Did it cost anything? How long does a re-entery permit take to process?. Thank you

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Leave Taiwan on the 10th of sept
Re enter on 15th
Can apply for arc on the 3rd of sept.

Thanks
Perry :slight_smile:

You should go to NIA and tell them you applied for an ARC, but you need to go abroad before its pick up date. They will tell you what you should do.

I recently read a thread on this. Iirc, the OP got some document at NIA.

I didn’t read this sentence. In that case, you should tell them you need to go abroad on the 10th of Sep at that time. They may give you the document, or may issue your ARC before the date.

Okay thank you, it’s all been quite confusing.

Okay as a follow up, your Arc application will be cancelled if you leave before it’s processed. They need a minimum of 10 days.

Hi, I would like to know, so did you manage to leave Taiwan?

so is it better if I apply my ARC first, during it being process, and tell NIA that I have something urgent that require me to leave Taiwan. is that so?