Re-entry while ARC is under renewal

Hi guys,

Sorry if this question was asked already by some one. I couldn’t find it in the forum.
My ARC and work permit will get expired on 10th of May. I have already applied for the work permit extension via my company and will get it extended and approved by end of this week(04/29).

I actually have a need to go to my native country for 2 weeks starting from 5th of May and planning to come back around 20th of May(beyond my current ARC validity)
I heard from one of my friends that we can get a temporary re-entry stamp(30 days or so) from the immigration department once we have the valid work permit . And that later we can apply for ARC renewal after coming back to Taiwan within this re-entry period. Is it true? Or is there a mechanism where we can notify the immigration department about the travel while applying for the renewal and get the rentry stamp on passports.

If the above rentry is not possible, I will have to stay back in Taiwan till the ARC renewal is over.
In that case, how long will it usually take to get the ARC(for me and family) renewed once i submit the extended work permit(assume 04/29). I just want to make sure that i am not going to overstay in Taiwan if my ARC renewal will happen after 10th of May. How can I justify overstay in Taiwan if I get the ARC renewd after 10th?

A few years back, I had to leave the country on a business trip right after I had applied for my new ARC. I informed them when I applied that I would be leaving the country and because I would have to leave before my new card came they gave me a temporary one to use for immigration.

I think you can go to the NIA with a copy of my itinerary to show that you will leave the country and they will put a visa in your passport. This happened to me once before when my company was applying for the new ARC and I was going to be heading overseas on vacation. No e-gate privileges for me on that trip, though :frowning:

This is a huge relief, but given that it is three years old, has anyone had a more recent experience?

Pardon my unfamiliarity with this forum, maybe I should make a new question?

I had a business trip once when my ARC was getting renewed, my work gave me a piece of paper from the NIA and it was basically a kind of receipt which showed my new ARC / Work permit was in the process of being renewed. This was in 2017.

For an is this still valid? inquiry, resurrecting a short, moderately old thread is generally acceptable. :slight_smile: