RE: heartbreaking post

I remember reading quite a few years ago a heart breaking post about a British guy who moved back to UK, his TW girlf./ wife later joined him, then alas the world came between them and they broke up. It made me cry at the time it was so honest and raw and I remember thinking, good job my TW SO is coping so well…er…not so well and now we too after 5 yrs bite the dust. As I remember it happened pretty much as this guy’s break up did. Wanted to read this guy’s post again and have a little cry, I feel he really gets the feeling of having tried and bloody tried and sometimes you just gotta accept youre beat. Only cant remember author and have tried searching using key words like break up etc. but just get 100s of results. Can anyone help me find this post? Does any one even know what I’m talking about? It’ll be back in about 2006/2007 ish.

I am sorry about your split up. I tried searching but couldn’t find it. :frowning:

Two years and about 25 days. It’s pretty much all there, but shoot me a pm if you want to talk about it. I can handle it now without getting drunk and smashing the place up, I think.

It is indeed heat breaking and you are a good writer TH.

Sssh. Its a bloody secret! I’m more well known as an angry arsehole, and I like it that way. :wink:

And the second cousin of irritable bowel syndrome.

Well now i’m reading tralalangue’s posts. God the CNY nights have been grim. Sadness everywhere.
Why do I like to read other people’s (sad) stories??? Nah, not gossip. They make me really sad. Do I need sadness in my life???

You should read the one about the guy whose sister came here to visit him and had sex with his girlfriend. Now THAT will cheer you up!

:laughing: linky?

That was quite funny. Erm, possibly not for him, though.

That’s depressing, I could picture the guy sitting on his bed, with his sis in a motel and GF telling him on the phone, she has lost face. I will write a book one day, of nights spent reading autobiographies of people I don’t know. :loco:

Yeah, I remember that post. I was going some bad stuff at the time, also. Gave me some perspective. Good to see you’re doing much better now.
On my side, our relationship is solid now. Much better. And it all started with reading your story and then consequently writing about my stuff on here. The advice and warm response I got on the flob helped a great deal.

In a way, if you hadn’t written about your experience I may very well have gotten divorced, because I wouldn’t have written about my problems and wouldn’t have gotten so much great and useful feedback.

Good on you, mate. My the sun shine on you always! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I remember that post. I was going some bad stuff at the time, also. Gave me some perspective. Good to see you’re doing much better now.
On my side, our relationship is solid now. Much better. And it all started with reading your story and then consequently writing about my stuff on here. The advice and warm response I got on the flob helped a great deal.

In a way, if you hadn’t written about your experience I may very well have gotten divorced, because I wouldn’t have written about my problems and wouldn’t have gotten so much great and useful feedback.

Good on you, mate. My the sun shine on you always! :thumbsup:[/quote]

Thats great to hear bismarck, I never knew my situation would help others out. I wish you a long and happy marriage.
And it reminds me that every jerk has a back story. (Talking about myself here.) :slight_smile:

It was sad, I am sorry you went through this. Not funny.

Reading about it is one thing, Divea. Being the friend listening first to her side, then his side, another. Having a good friend break up in tears in the middle of a meal because he loves his girl but can’t find a way to stay together with her without hurting each other… sigh

At least if you were part of the mess you could do something about it, but as a friend, a shoulder and a pair or ears is as much as you can and should offer. I’ve seen this happen 3 times on my watch on this Island. sigh and double sigh

Sometimes you wish you were a magician and could patch things up. Alas, just time can do that.

ps.
and then you have to become a juggler to keep in touch with both parties without the other one’s knowledge…

awwwww, yeah it must be tough. I have never had friends break up. Actually they have, but either they pretend it never happened and one drifts away or both. All my friends are unhappily married or happily single. :slight_smile:

[quote=“bismarck”]

In a way, if you hadn’t written about your experience I may very well have gotten divorced, because I wouldn’t have written about my problems and wouldn’t have gotten so much great and useful feedback.[/quote]
All the bitching that goes on on the flob sometimes makes one forget these little gems. Wonderful stuff, Mr Bismarck and Mr TomHill. Really cheered me up on this drear, rainy day. :bow:

:roflmao: Glad I’m not married!

Pics or it didn’t happen. :wink: