Re: men's forum

I’d like to file a request a for a ‘man only forum’, too.
I feel discriminated against by the women having one for themselves and we men don’t.
I’d like to share my male secrets with my comrades, without any females and stalking psycho xiaojies seeing and commenting on them.
That’s not fair and sexist, as well as a danger for the male expat population.

When we are at it already, I am requesting a 50% male quota for the readership of forumosa.

Please. :2cents: :wink:

Here ya go. Just ask for the chief.
forumosa.org/mens/

Tried to go there, but it just said “page not found.” Oh well, it’s probably just a sausagefest in there anyway…

[quote=“farmingmountains”]I’d like to file a request a for a ‘man only forum’, too.
I feel discriminated against by the women having one for themselves and we men don’t.
I’d like to share my male secrets with my comrades, without any females and stalking psycho xiaojies seeing and commenting on them.

When we are at it already, I am requesting a 50% male quota for the readership of forumosa.

Please. :2cents: :wink:[/quote]

What will one man do in a man only forum?
Why did you use (too)?
Are there other men who want their own man forum?

Secrets are secrets and not to be shared.
Once you share them, they are no longer secrets and don’t need a place for secrets any longer.

Anyhow, sharing your secrets, that’s what facebook is for.

[quote=“Hamletintaiwan”][quote=“farmingmountains”]I’d like to file a request a for a ‘man only forum’, too.

Why did you use (too)?
[/quote]

Not one man, but all men.
‘Sitzpinkler’ excluded of course, as their testosterone level is far too low.
Membership granted after providing a health check form with the current
testosterone level printed on form from an accredited clinic or hospital.
:whistle:

P.S. What about ladyboys who went through a hormone treatment, do they count as women for the female forum? Pre-op or post-op?

hold it a second ROBERT, did you check to see if you had a vagina first before offering this insight? Surely a mere man wouldn’t know of these things?

Zender has an excellent sense of humor. Yes, I kept looking for the men’s only forum and couldn’t find it either!

But why would we want a men’s only forum? We all enjoy the stream of STFUs and totally random (and unrelated to anything we said) references to sex offenders and violence against women. We would dearly miss this in a men’s only forum?

Zender has an excellent sense of humor. Yes, I kept looking for the men’s only forum and couldn’t find it either!

But why would we want a men’s only forum? We all enjoy the stream of STFUs and totally random (and unrelated to anything we said) references to sex offenders and violence against women. We would dearly miss this in a men’s only forum?[/quote]

I’d be fine with a men’s only forum, myself. Only seems fair.

Just to give you a heads up on the women’s only forum, very little happens there. I don’t think I’ve seen a single post from there in months. But it really is very useful when seeking a gynecologist or other female-specific information.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“Micahel”]

Curious, what is the reason for a women’s only forum?[/quote]

forumosa.org/womens/[/quote]

So the reason is “we may not be completely sensitive to the concerns of women”. Got it, we are a group of insensitive bastards.

Edit: Eureka, I’ve got it. What we really need is not just a Men’s Only Forum, we need a “Men who are Completely Insensitive to the Concerns of Women Forum”. You will be given access after you prove you are a male, and most importantly there will be a series of sensitivity questions regarding women’s concerns. You will only be granted access if you completely fail the sensitivity tests.

[quote]
"To access this forum, you must be a member of a special usergroup – if you are not a member of this group, the forum will not appear on Forumosa when you login.

To join this group, you must prove to us that you are indeed a woman (usually a phone or Skype call is sufficient). Log into Forumosa and send a PM to Tempo Gain (click here to do this now). Simply request access to the Women’s Forum and explain how we can reach you to verify you should be given access.

Forumosa strives to be an open web community for and about Taiwan, so some may be confused why an exclusive forum like this exists. The website is owned and operated by two men, and we recognize that we may not be completely sensitive to the concerns of women. Maintaining a private space for Forumosan women to discuss whatever they want seems like a reasonable exception to the norm. You are welcome to discuss this further in these discussion threads on the forums:[/quote]

Why does somebody put me inside a spoiler box? is my bikini not approved by the forum’s phalocratic censorship? I’m dying for joining the other girls in bikini in the ladies’ forum.

[quote=“Micahel”][quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“Micahel”]

Curious, what is the reason for a women’s only forum?[/quote]

forumosa.org/womens/[/quote]

So the reason is “we may not be completely sensitive to the concerns of women”. Got it, we are a group of insensitive bastards.

Edit: Eureka, I’ve got it. What we really need is not just a Men’s Only Forum, we need a “Men who are Completely Insensitive to Concerns of Women Forum”. You will be given access after you prove you are a male, and most importantly there will be a series of sensitivity questions regarding women’s concerns. You will only be granted access if you completely fail the sensitivity tests.
[/quote]

Aren’t men supposed to be insensitive?
That’s why they are put in uniform and send to other countries to bring others freedom by killing them? :wink:

About the women forum, i think it’s kind of weird, as we all are humans and should understand each other, included the concerns of the other sex, instead of hiding them behind some curtains. It’s a bit like a girls only school, not really helping to nurture the relationship and understanding between females and males but building more distance and insecurity. It’s not like women are endangered animals who need to be protected and secluded from others. They are the same as men, some are strong and leaders, some are weak and followers. Conditioning them to see themselves as weak and needing to be protected or secluded from men is not going to empower them, but causes the opposite.

To get back to the OP, as we see in that case, the culprit are not just men, IMHO women tend to be bullied by other women more often, it’s just not shown in public, but daily life in the relationship of many young wife’s and mothers in law.
Of course, just if they let them do it - back to the conditioning and secluding which may cause it.

[quote=“farmingmountains”][quote=“Hamletintaiwan”][quote=“farmingmountains”]I’d like to file a request a for a ‘man only forum’, too.

Why did you use (too)?
[/quote]

Not one man, but all men.
‘Sitzpinkler’ excluded of course, as their testosterone level is far too low.
Membership granted after providing a health check form with the current
testosterone level printed on form from an accredited clinic or hospital.
:whistle:

P.S. What about ladyboys who went through a hormone treatment, do they count as women for the female forum? Pre-op or post-op?[/quote]

re transgender: I would welcome them in the women’s forum with open arms.

And I think if men are so desperate to have their own, they should. Except, I doubt that the requests for one are ever serious since you already dominate every single thread here. Yet again, if some feels unsafe to discuss things in front of the ladies, by all means make a good argument to the mods and I’m sure you’d be accommodated.

And here I thought the regular forum was the men’s forum. Silly me, though full hats off to the ladies that have the stomach to put up with it.
:bow:

Deja vous. Didn’t we have this same discussion many years ago? I mean, when the Women’s forum was discussed as a possibility, then started?

And out of curiosity… how many people found it necessary then? and how much use does it have? xD

Most likely forumosa mods thought they could use it to make the girls “relax” at that forum and peek at the girls’ secrets xDDDDDDDDD

And out of curiosity… how many people found it necessary then? and how much use does it have? xD[/quote]

At least more than the Spanish forum, which was taken about also many, many, many years ago.

And it is based on the same premise: we speak a common language, and we have issues in common which may not interest other parties.

Yes, and I think it’s still a good idea.

Actually, this discussion comes up every 2 or 3 years. It kind of heralds a new generation of regular Forumosans :sunglasses: [quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“Icon”]And it is based on the same premise: we speak a common language, and we have issues in common which may not interest other parties.[/quote]

Yes, and I think it’s still a good idea.[/quote]Yes. We had a Spanish forum for several years. It would be cool to have one again. Since I came back to Taipei 3 years ago, I’ve come to know more native Spanish speakers - in grad school here in Taiwan. It would be great to share this with them some day

Well, I did mean the Women’s forum, but if a Spanish forum could be of benefit, sure!