Reading a woman's feelings (from a guys perspective)

What does “Duckboy” mean, pray tell?

It was the nickname given to Derek when he was first posting. His wife has a duck farm. He used to tell us just a little too much information about his relationship but thankfully he was sharp enough to get the message…eventually. Do a search, there are some very amusing threads.

i just wanted to thank everyone for their input on this thread.

I grew some gonads and asked her out officially.

I got 3 excuses why she could not, but still wants to be friends.
(very long story which I should not share due to the privacy act :smiley: )

Unfortunately, as with most guys, it is damn near impossible to be “just” friends, so the visits have to end.

At least she was honest with me…

(the only thing i dont get is why she invited me back home, and kept insisting that i go. It makes me wonder if i was just to be showed off to all the family and friends)

[quote=“dan2006”]Hi ironlady…

as far as the offer of vacation goes, I had to change plans as i could not go with her when we had originally planned.
She was very disappointed and asked what other times i could go.
I said i could go in May, she was all happy again and called her parents to make an alternate arrangement…

Anyway, i guess the question I would have is, how to go about inquiring if she is interested in me… and to show my interest in her… that is my issue :smiley:
If she is not interested, it is okay, but I want to figure out ahead of time so I don’t waste a long time thinking the wrong thing.

Obviously, it is hard for me to just be a good friend if I like her :s

Thanks for everyones replies so far[/quote]

Me thinks she thinks of you as a possible (perhaps probable ) husband. Chinese girls dont mess around. They go out with you and have marriage in mind.

Except the ones I meet. They meet me and have marriage in mind …with someone else !!

[quote=“dan2006”]i just wanted to thank everyone for their input on this thread.

I grew some gonads and asked her out officially.

I got 3 excuses why she could not, but still wants to be friends.
(very long story which I should not share due to the privacy act :smiley: )

Unfortunately, as with most guys, it is damn near impossible to be “just” friends, so the visits have to end.

At least she was honest with me…

(the only thing I don’t get is why she invited me back home, and kept insisting that i go. It makes me wonder if I was just to be showed off to all the family and friends)[/quote]

Chinese girls give you all sorts of excuses why they cant be with you hoping you will persist and overcome all those objections. Dude, shes been going out with you. That already means she likes you. Be a Nike and just do it. Stop talking about it. Keep going out with her. Once a week becomes twice a week, becomes everyday. :slight_smile: Pretty soon , its fait accompli a done deal !

[/quote]

Me thinks she thinks of you as a possible (perhaps probable ) husband. Chinese girls dont mess around. They go out with you and have marriage in mind.

Except the ones I meet. They meet me and have marriage in mind …with someone else !![/quote]

Hi Tommy… mine tend to be the same way, they like to have a friend till they meet something better.

We have been going out for about 4 months now, maybe once every 2 or 3 days to different places, touching is ok with her but nothing that could construe a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. I have shown an interest in her other times too.

I had originally cancelled my trip to Taiwan plans because of her, but now i have told her of my intended decision to go ahead with it, i guess i dont like to play around. mind you she is 20 and i am 25 so this could be the problem as well :laughing:

[quote=“dan2006”][/quote]

Except the ones I meet. They meet me and have marriage in mind …with someone else !![/quote]

Hi Tommy… mine tend to be the same way, they like to have a friend till they meet something better.

We have been going out for about 4 months now, maybe once every 2 or 3 days to different places, touching is ok with her but nothing that could construe a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. I have shown an interest in her other times too.

I had originally cancelled my trip to Taiwan plans because of her, but now I have told her of my intended decision to go ahead with it, i guess I don’t like to play around. mind you she is 20 and I am 25 so this could be the problem as well :laughing:[/quote]

your age gap is a small one

RUN FOREST, RUN!![/quote]

Life is like a box of stinky tofu, you never know which one yuur gonna get, but you know it’ll be stinky. Sounds like someone has marriage plans right after her father hog ties you. IT was a wonderful shotgun wedding no really the marks from the gun are healing well.

Life is like a box of stinky tofu, you never know which one yuur gonna get, but you know it’ll be stinky. Sounds like someone has marriage plans right after her father hog ties you. IT was a wonderful shotgun wedding no really the marks from the gun are healing well.[/quote]

I really wish it were that simple. The girl is nice enough that I would most certainly agree to get married after getting to know her for at least a year more.
Her parents are rich, and they want her to get a good education in Canada, but I would be considered lower class than them since i make less than them and i live in canada, which may be a concern.

I think i will play this by ear, since my biggest fear in life is going along with someone thinking things may progress, when in reality all she wants is a friend. i wish there was an easy way to detect this,

Life is like a box of stinky tofu, you never know which one yuur gonna get, but you know it’ll be stinky. Sounds like someone has marriage plans right after her father hog ties you. IT was a wonderful shotgun wedding no really the marks from the gun are healing well.[/quote]

I really wish it were that simple. The girl is nice enough that I would most certainly agree to get married after getting to know her for at least a year more.
Her parents are rich, and they want her to get a good education in Canada, but I would be considered lower class than them since i make less than them and i live in canada, which may be a concern.

I think i will play this by ear, since my biggest fear in life is going along with someone thinking things may progress, when in reality all she wants is a friend. i wish there was an easy way to detect this,[/quote]

I give you a good advice, forget about her as soon as possible. Rich chineses will never let their daughter marry a non-chinese man. (and if her parents say NO, she’ll also say NO)

you’ll only be a ‘friend’ but don’t expect to **** her or any other things. :wink:

It’s possible that she’s interested in long term friendship first, then real romance in a few years’ time. If that’s the case, she’s probably somewhat immature in terms of being independent, but being abroad will help to cure that.

Also possible that she is just trying to play the innocent girl, and really wants you to take the next step and convince her. If you think that might be the case, try putting your arm around her when watching a movie. See how she reacts to that. If she welcomes it, then go for a kiss when the time is right. If she is just tolerant, then play it safe. If she seems to really mind, then accept that it’s just friendship and no more.

Maybe she just wants to be friends. You could invite a friend to visit you and be serious about it. Not everything is about romance.

Oh, and one more possibility: She’s using you. That seems unlikely, but some girls do that for the sake of language exchange. And you know what? If you really like her (friendship wise), there’s nothing wrong with letting yourself be used.