REAL British Beer and Cider in Taiwan

Hen’s Tooth (6.5%) bottle conditioned ale the nearest thing to real ale in a bottle for sale on a buy 1 case get 1 free basis.

12 x 500cc bottles per case.

Price NTD1,260 per case.

The date on the bottle reads 13-4-07. However, bottle conditioned ale has live yeast added to the bottle therefore the beer just gets better and better, reaching it’s finest, fullest flavour after as many as 12 months, where as the taste of ordinary bottled beers passes it prime within a relatively short time.

Distribution is available island wide and there is no extra fee for this as long as you order min 2 cases.

For orders, see contact details below.

Go West [quote]The date on the bottle reads 13-4-07. [/quote]

So, you’re selling at a discount because it’s expired stock?

Coming to the conclusion that the beer has expired depends on the individuals knowledge of “bottle conditioned ale”

To recap again.

This is a bottle conditioned ale with live active yeast that carries on fermenting throughout the beer’s life which doesn’t equal the date on bottle. In short think of a good bottle of red wine that matures with age.

As ordinary bottled beer passes it’s prime within a relatively short time then the date would have more relevance.

So…I buy 1 case @ NTD1,260…and I get another case free?

12 x 500 cc’s per case.

Does this price include shipping?
Whats shipping cost to Tainan?

[quote=“GoWest”]Coming to the conclusion that the beer has expired depends on the individuals knowledge of “bottle conditioned ale”

To recap again.

This is a bottle conditioned ale with live active yeast that carries on fermenting throughout the beer’s life which doesn’t equal the date on bottle. In short think of a good bottle of red wine that matures with age.

As ordinary bottled beer passes it’s prime within a relatively short time then the date would have more relevance.[/quote]
So why does it have an expiry date in that case? Wine doesn’t. Nothing wrong with trying to shift past-sell-by-date goods at cut rates as long as you’re advertising that fact, which you are. There are a good number of beers that are good for laying down but I’ve never heard of anyone doing that with Hen’s Tooth before. Caveat Emptor.

[quote=“GoWest”]Coming to the conclusion that the beer has expired depends on the individuals knowledge of “bottle conditioned ale”

To recap again.

As ordinary bottled beer passes it’s prime within a relatively short time then the date would have more relevance.[/quote]

My guess is that the expiration date is on the Chinese label affixed to the bottles when they were imported and passed through Customs here. If that is the case, then I would not be too worried about the date. I’ve seen expiration dates stamped on the Chinese labels affixed to bottles of Chimay (blue label) that made no sense whatsoever. Smell the Glove and I just finished a few weeks ago the last few bottles of a case of Chimay (Blue) year 2000 that was WAY, WAY past the expiration date printed on the Taiwanese Customs-required label. And those ales were quite good. Delicious, in fact.

If, on the other hand, the expiration date is printed on the original label from the brewery in the UK, then I would be slightly more concerned… but, not much.

GoWest: What happened to your website?

TC,

This price includes all freight fees and right to your door unless you live on the 69th floor!

Sandman,

It was with reference to the Hen’s tooth developing a richer more distinctive flavour through time, similar to that of a bottle of good red.

Drink a whole case in one session, then we’ll discuss more in detail! :smiley:

Probably still ok, especially if you’re planning on having friends over soon to help you drink it. But of course it also depends on the conditions under which it’s been stored, and as Tigerman points out, who put the expiry date there. If the OP wants to move this stuff, he might want to get a sample bottle to a couple of well known posters, who could then give it a thumbs up assuming it’s in good condition. :wink:

To answer a few questions.

Hen’s tooth has been stored under good conditions. (Out of direct sunlight and in a cool environment)

The best before date was issued and printed on the bottle by the brewery.

Quite willing to dish out a few samples if this is what is required to build some consumer confidence in the product still tasting to their satisfaction.

On the other hand, at NTD52.5 per 500cc bottle, I dare say it’s not a whole lot to spend and take the risk if you are seriously interested.

Finally, I drank some last night and believe me it’s better now than right after it was first bottled.

Any takers? :slight_smile:

What about my question?

Also if you order 1 case, get 1 free, is there shipping on that?
If so, how much to Taipei?

Joesfus,

Have changed hosting company, therefore the website is under reconstruction. Assume you allow th

Regarding distribution fees, this was in the original post and asked by another poster.

Short and sweet… there is no distribution fee based on the promo of buy 1 case to receive one free of charge unless you live on the 69th floor or so.

Any more takers now? :smiley:

Waaaait a sec.
I remember doing the math on those before when the site was up and I seem to remember them being around 50-60/bottle.
I’m fairly sure you weren’t selling it for 100/bottle before, were you?
Did you raise the price by any chance, before it went on sale?

Hey…lets lighten up on the guy…He’s selling BEER HERE!

Thats right next a Saintly profession in the minds of a few of us.

Buy 1 case, at a darn good price, get another case free.
And its cheaper than my dear old Taiwan Pi jo at these prices. 500cc’s @ NT$52.5…thats a deal.

Lets support the home team here.

Yep, a saintly profession. Jesus didn’t kick out any booze sellers from the temple, did he?
And a very good price. I’m just wondering if i can trust myself (i always just buy one day’s supplies at a time).

[quote=“Josefus”]Waaaait a sec.
I remember doing the math on those before when the site was up and I seem to remember them being around 50-60/bottle.
I’m fairly sure you weren’t selling it for 100/bottle before, were you?
Did you raise the price by any chance, before it went on sale?[/quote]

FYI,

The price before was NTD1,200 a case.

Rising costs (freight and a rate of exchange) have resulted in the product going up by only NT5 a bottle.

Don’t you think NTD52.5 for a 500cc bottle @ 6.5% of good quality bottle conditioned ale is a rather attractive price?

I find it hard to believe I’m getting hit this hard when my aim is to possibly let people enjoy this rather lovely drop at unbelievable prices with the addition of delivery to your door free of charge.

It’s only two cases. An extra day’s supply in hand, in other words.

Alright, since no one else has stepped up, I will.
The price better not drop after I order it!
I’ll PM you my address.

Nice one Joesfus, thanks for your support.

Most have just called, Pm or emailed through their requirements.

If anybody else is interested in this very special promo then be quick as there are only literally a few cases left. This is based on a first come, first served basis.

Cheers and enjoy this very fine drop. :slight_smile:

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Thats right next a Saintly profession in the minds of a few of us.[/quote]Jesus himself turned water into booze so some people could get blotto. That’s a pretty high-up endorsement :beer: