Reality of weight loss

Gut bacteria. Hmmm.

1. Your diet.

If you want to get to the root causes of gut health or disease, look at what you’re putting at the end of your fork. Food is information. Unfortunately, the Standard American Diet (SAD)—loaded with sugar, processed foods, and food additives—promotes growth of harmful bacteria and yeast while turning on unfavorable genes. A milkshake, hamburger, and French fries turns on genes that promote inflammation, whereas 2 cups of steamed broccoli turn on anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory gene pathways. While Jennifer ate a pretty decent diet, she wasn’t incorporating enough plant foods as well as fermented foods like kimchi and sauerkraut. Doing that alone improved her bacterial diversity, helping her lose 6 pounds the first week alone.

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-28451/how-to-manipulate-your-gut-flora-to-finally-lose-weight-a-doctor-explains.html

1 Like

Watch Rogan’s podcast from today #1235 Ben Greenfield. Starting at 43:31 ish.

1 Like

If you actually start really knowing what you put in your mouth then you can easily manipulate things… but oh well. :thinking:

It’s 27 according to science.

1 Like

I wouldn’t like to speculate on what the exact mechanism is, but it definitely happens - to women as well as men. As you said, when you’re young, your body will turn pretty much anything into healthy growth; most teenagers can eat all sorts of junk and still look basically healthy. As soon as that’s over, you’ll turn into a blob virtually overnight.

Interesting stuff about the testosterone experiment. Guess I didn’t do enough dope for long enough.

1 Like

Who says I don’t?

No one said that.

Welcome to the club of fat people!

3 Likes

speak for yourself, i’m not one of you lol

But one of the good things about being tall with long spaghetti limbs is, 10kg doesn’t make much of a difference in looks. But unfortunately I can gain 10kg of muscle and looks about the same as well. I used to hate this when I see some of my shorter friends gain a few kg and their arms would be huge while mine is almost the same.

It’s amazing how the fat starts shedding once I just eat better and workout though. The stomach area gut is pretty much gone. Not exactly a 6 pack, but the gut just went away. It seems men gain fat there first but you also lose fat there first.

Not yet

1 Like

Get married quick. Once you’re pushing 40, it’s easier to say why would I than why don’t I.

Almost a month and i’m down a nice 6kg.

@marasan
“ researchers transferred 54 varieties of bacteria from some lean mice to those with the obese-type community of germs and found that the animals that had been destined to become obese developed a healthy weight instead“

So if I accidentally ingest skinny-people feces on a regular basis, it would be easier to loose weight? Move over geophagy!

1 Like

You have a PM.

2 Likes

They did a study one twins and siblings to see why some of them are fatter even with similar diets. Gut bacteria turns out to be something that stands out. I’m sure there are many other factors like hormones, thyroid function, ability of shuttle carbs into muscle or store into fat. It’s not a huge surprise genetics have to do with it, I also believe some people are hardwired mentally to have their brains light up in the area you see drug addicts do when they use cocaine.

But like drug addicts, we don’t blame them for having addiction but we do ask them to responsibility in their habits if they keep going back.

You don’t need to look like a swim suit model, in fact I knew many models are they are far from healthy. One of my former close friends was on the cover of mens fitness, another girl was on many billboards even in Taiwan. They were overall decent but I could not keep hanging out with them because they ate so unhealthy and little while partying on cocaine and champagne every weekend.