Really famous people in Taiwan

Another poster just reminded me of Caesar, the owner of Birdland and the 40’ leather dragon.

Here’s another famous figure… Courtney Smith the bungee-jump guy. Not only could you see him on TV once a week, but if you left your gf alone for five minutes you’d probably find him trying to get into her pants when you came back.

[quote=“redwagon”]Another poster just reminded me of Caesar, the owner of Birdland and the 40’ leather dragon.

Here’s another famous figure… Courtney Smith the bungee-jump guy. Not only could you see him on TV once a week, but if you left your gf alone for five minutes you’d probably find him trying to get into her pants when you came back.[/quote]

You mean you got back in time?? :smiley: :smiley:

[quote=“Serial Killer On Parole”]
You mean you got back in time?? :smiley: :smiley:[/quote]I knew his rep well enough not to leave her alone in the first place. :smiley:

Igor - filthbag 100%. Saw him In Kenting 2003 CNY. Then up in Taichung later that year. Then never again…

Even by Taiwan’s standards he had the most rancid, rotten set of teeth (read: stumps) I’d ever seen - with braces! Maybe he signed up as a guinea pig for Dr Evil…

Did anyone ever see this guy? Pretty pudgy, a little tall, usually paces and talks to himself or passersby. Harmless, pulls his pants up real high. Always smiling. Definitely a little crazy. I use to run into him all over Taipei.

The link is to a video I made of him when I bumped into him one day XiMenDing. That day he had climbed up onto some platform and was dancing to no music endlessly. It was quite funny. My friend was saying “This is what happens to you, when you don’t take your clozaril.”

youtube.com/watch?v=UGZPx9ltgmA

I had various nicknames for him, from Paceboy, to HighPants, to DancingMan

Any other neighborhood crazy guys. There was one in ShiJr around HsinTaiWu Rd. Long hair, dirty, torn clothes, pacing. Then there was the guy that walked down the middle of the street holding up a newspaper in front face. Can’t remember if he was that same guy. I can’t believe there were two crazy guys in on HsinTaiWu Rd. I think the newspaper guy had sort hair and the other one long hair. Maybe someone gave him a haricut for free? Anyway, ever saw these crazy guys?