Really? No Dry Measuring Cups in Taiwan (Edit)

TS, in case you want to look at DIY baking supply shops, here is a list of them:
[Forumosa - Taiwan's largest and most active Taiwan-oriented global online community in English … 8#p1127688](DIY baking supply / supplies - #47 by Dragonbones

Yes, spoon loose flour into the cup, then level across with a knife, no shaking, no packing. Flour is compressible, so if you shake it, or worse, pack it by scooping the cup into a bag or jar of flour, you’ll get a little to a lot more flour, throwing off the ratio of this to other ingredients, and causing a dry, dense and less flavorful product in many cases.

True if you leave your flour uncovered, perhaps, but generally, with properly stored flour, weighing is generally considered more accurate than volume measuring, as the compressibility of flour is a bigger problem.

For bread, if you knead by hand like I do, you get to know what kind of feeling you want from the flour, so you end up adjusting it a bit anyway, usually. Unless trying a set recipe, I actually don’t measure or weigh my flour when I bake bread; everything is instinctual. :idunno: But that’s definitely a no-no for beginners and bread machines.