Reasonably priced hotels near Chungshiao-Tunhua intersection

Friends are coming to visit me and I’m looking for a reasonably priced hotel near the Chungshiao-Tunhua intersection (a 15 minute walk away at most). The Asia Pacific is near there but that place is too expensive for me: $4500-6000/pp/pn. I’d like to find something in the 2000-3000 range. I can only offer very meager accomodations in my place.

Thanks for any insight.

I am staying in the Kuting section of Taipei. Right above the MRT station. THe name of the hotel is Shin Her Hotel. THey charge 855nt for 7 day stay. Or 1000nt per night for less then 7 days. Not a fancy place, but it is clean and they are very good with the customer’s. I don’t know if this is close to you, but being cloe to the MRT make most places in Taipei pretty close. :slight_smile:

Have a good night,
Steve

Thanks, Steve.
I assume that’s 855NT per night for 7 days? Anyway, that’s a darn good deal. Which corner is it on? I’ll have a look today, but maybe you can tell me which Kuting MRT exit it is closest to.
Thanks!
-Nate

Exit 4, at the top go to your right onto the sidewalk and turn right again heading south. Just before the Hi-lite store is the enterance…it’s on the second floor…

United hotel, intersection of Chung Hsiao and Kuang Fu. Try to look for a discount to reach your price range. Really cool place. Zen styling with Zebra carpeting in the hallways. They should be in your price range if you can find a discount from a travel agent or direct from the hotel. I put people there all of the time. Nicer than any others in the area and should be within your budget.

Check out Fu4 Hao2 (富豪), it’s in an alley across from the Sogo on Zhongxiao E. Rd. I remember paying between around $2000 or so for a nice room. You can upgrade to a suite for a little more.