Reasons marijuana should be legal #158: it may fight cancer

Perhaps. Yet which one is more self-consuming? Which one leads to worse decision making? Which one eats better?
A heroin addict and a cannabis addict: who’s gonna show up for work more often? Or produce the more long lasting tangible effects that both types of users crave? Which set of users has more positive trickle down effects on the rest of society than mere tuning out in front of some white noise on the tube?

Also, I know not the effect of what cannabis one has been exposed to, but where I hail from, the local bud lasts much longer than a mere 40 minutes.
Wheelchair, anyone?

Also, use not the hippie reference to refer to the modern day pot smoker. Those damn hippies will smoke their own underwear and say that they are high. Today’s MJ is far more powerful than any real hippie could deal with.
Degenerate basturds!

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]Perhaps. Yet which one is more self-consuming? Which one leads to worse decision making? Which one eats better?
A heroin addict and a cannabis addict: who’s gonna show up for work more often? Or produce the more long lasting tangible effects that both types of users crave? Which set of users has more positive trickle down effects on the rest of society than mere tuning out in front of some white noise on the tube?

Also, I know not the effect of what cannabis one has been exposed to, but where I hail from, the local bud lasts much longer than a mere 40 minutes.
Wheelchair, anyone?

Also, use not the hippie reference to refer to the modern day pot smoker. Those damn hippies will smoke their own underwear and say that they are high. Today’s MJ is far more powerful than any real hippie could deal with.
Degenerate basturds![/quote]
Worse decision-making? Self-consumption? Eats better? My dear Mr Ginger those are the side effects of the aquisition process.
Cannabis is far cheaper and easier to aquire than heroin, hence less labour intensive.

True fing. Acting like a bunch of silly old men from the seventies is dull. And smelly.

If you need reasons, other than ‘You look like my dad!’, schizophrenia, lung cancer and excessive consumption of Jaffa Cakes are a good place to start.[/quote]

If you would’ve watched the documentary provided, or most any other documentary regarding marijuana for that matter, you’d have realized there is no evidence for someone developing lung cancer from marijuana smoke, or killing brain cells, or causing schizophrenia, or even a single incident of death caused by marijuana. Can you say that for vast majority of other substances on the planet? Fuck, you can overdose on sugar. Even the potency is misguided. It’s arrogance to assume that somehow marijuana in a black market has become increasingly more potent, where for thousands of years numerous civilizations perfected its use and cultivation. But it’s ok since most of you will continue to poison your liver rest assured in the fact that you can trust any research the government spits must have been diligently carried out, and certainly not politically motivated or have involved questionable practices such as depriving monkeys of oxygen and suffocating them with massive amounts of marijuana smoke and then attributing brain damage to the drug. -=
"Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family.
Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars,
compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good
health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed
interest mortage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your
friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a
three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics.
Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning.
Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing
game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose
rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable
home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up
brats you spawned to replace yourself.

Choose your future.

Choose life."

If it beats being overloaded with reality t.v., atkins diet, tanning lotion, whitening cream, caffeine, cigarrettes, alcohol, then I choose to be a smelly fucking hippy.

[quote=“jimipresley”]
Worse decision-making? Self-consumption? Eats better? My dear Mr Ginger those are the side effects of the aquisition process. [/quote]
You might be right, but…
Who the cap fits, let them wear…

Well, that depends. During my last trip back home, I found the exact opposite to be true. In terms of quality that is.

As is to be expected from a proponent of the H, one’s self-defeating expectations and endless activity on the score do not measure up on the productivity alignment.
Sure, some great music & art has been created under the influence of H. Yet, it’s very essence defines that it cannot be a long term affair. At least the MJ user will go out and get some exercise, take in a few sites, interact with some elements of society that are not directly connected with their habit. Thus furthering the form, and it’s contribution to the rest of the world.
H is the most selfish drug in the world. Even more so than booze.
And that’s saying summaht!

[quote=“occhimarroni”]

If it beats being overloaded with reality t.v., atkins diet, tanning lotion, whitening cream, caffeine, cigarrettes, alcohol, then I choose to be a smelly fucking hippy.[/quote]

I post on flob at work: I can not watch documentaries on youtube about drug use.

Um, thanks for the Scottish drug use primer, I, er, learned a lot … :laughing:

Seriously, though, if you need drugs to stay away from those things, then you are seriously laaaame. Although I have been known to hit the frappuccinos, I have managed to ‘resist’ the onslaught of the other stuff by ‘not being interested in it’. Life is not hard. Enjoy yourself, don’t be too much of a dick, and accept that you don’t walk on water and that very bad and unfair stuff will happen more than the good stuff and you’ll be grand. Drugs are fun, until you’re twenty five, by which stage you should have outgrown that sort of pleasure seeking. Why the manifesto?

I only have a lot of anecdotal evidence, and what I’ve seen and experienced myself and like most humans, that colours my personal opinions more than ‘science’. Really? There’s no scientific link between the MJ and schizophrenia? I’d really rather ingest pretty much any other substance. I don’t really give a flying crap whether anyone else does though, as long as they are aware that they are not allowed to smell/be stupid/look like my dad around me.

[quote=“occhimarroni”]
If you would’ve watched the documentary provided, or most any other documentary regarding marijuana for that matter, you’d have realized there is no evidence for someone developing lung cancer from marijuana smoke, or killing brain cells, or causing schizophrenia, or even a single incident of death caused by marijuana.[/quote]
Horse-hockey! The way inhalers smoke, they bring in far more toxic elements than a cigarette. Brain cells? Death by maryjane? I could site at least 7 episodes from my own life experience where this was confirmed.
It will take decades before even the most precursory of scientific evidence is in, so why don’t ya give up the propaganda?

So fucking what? It’s our own fucking livers. And it tastes great, and is less filling…

Fuckin’ A!
You better get ready, cause it ain’t gonna be pretty.

Dream on, it’s gonna get a whole lot worse.
For example, you omitted mention of the .45 calibre pistol.

don’t blame it on the stuff buttercup, it’s simply your dad

[quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“occhimarroni”]

If it beats being overloaded with reality t.v., atkins diet, tanning lotion, whitening cream, caffeine, cigarrettes, alcohol, then I choose to be a smelly fucking hippy.[/quote]

I post on flob at work: I can not watch documentaries on youtube about drug use.

Um, thanks for the Scottish drug use primer, I, er, learned a lot … :laughing:

Seriously, though, if you need drugs to stay away from those things, then you are seriously laaaame. Although I have been known to hit the frappuccinos, I have managed to ‘resist’ the onslaught of the other stuff by ‘not being interested in it’. Life is not hard. Enjoy yourself, don’t be too much of a dick, and accept that you don’t walk on water and that very bad and unfair stuff will happen more than the good stuff and you’ll be grand. Drugs are fun, until you’re twenty five, by which stage you should have outgrown that sort of pleasure seeking. Why the manifesto?

I only have a lot of anecdotal evidence, and what I’ve seen and experienced myself and like most humans, that colours my personal opinions more than ‘science’. Really? There’s no scientific link between the MJ and schizophrenia? I’d really rather ingest pretty much any other substance. I don’t really give a flying crap whether anyone else does though, as long as they are aware that they are not allowed to smell/be stupid/look like my dad around me.[/quote]

If you didn’t give a shit about what other people think then you wouldn’t see fit to daily blast any opinion contradictory to yours on an online forum. Afterall, you could think it and it would be just as gratifying. Why don’t you define what you mean by drug? I’m sure many of your daily activities that you have superflously denied have any drug involvement would, in fact, be quiet the contrary. I wouldn’t label myself special or trying to escape reality for that matter. Maybe just selfish and hedonistic. So please do spare enlightening us with your vastly fulfilling lifestyle. I don’t really give a flying crap that reading Beowulf in the original is so deeply meaningful, and something the majority of us are intellectually incapable of grasping. I don’t need anything but food and water. I don’t pretend to be special, but I can still get my kicks.

Oh blow me over with a feather! This “pot” thread seems to have attracted the Canadians. Let’s tell some Trailer Park Boy jokes now. Oooh! Bubbles really rocks when he acts all deformed! Heheheheh. Pass the joint! Hehehehe!

I certainly hope no one’s accusing me of being Canadian. :wink:

Bizarrely enough, I’ve seen much more psychotic behavior from potheads than heroin addicts during my tenure. So the cannabis apologists should really get off their collective hippie high horse and check out the politics of drugs. As I afore mentioned, cannabis is deemed to be somehow “acceptable”, yet outlawed. Heroin is deemed to be the ultimate anti-social evil. Yet I fail to grasp the distinction. Will someone with some intelligence please illuminate me?

Just joking, occhi, but virtually all Canadians I’ve ever met (and I’ve met a shitload) use the word “pot” in the same hallowed tones as Christians would use the word “Jesus”.

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]
Well, that depends. During my last trip back home, I found the exact opposite to be true. In terms of quality that is.[/quote]
Jeeezis! Where’s your home? I got a looong vacation coming up.

That’s coz heroin addicts are usually asleep or sitting/laying/standing with their knees bent ass-near-ground, perfectly still. Teaheads, on the other hand, are more active. Psychotic behaviour can also be explained by underlying and pre-existing mental conditions which are rendered unconcious by opiate drugs.

OMG Ms BC. What a wonderful firstthinginthemorningthatIread!

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“TheGingerMan”]
Well, that depends. During my last trip back home, I found the exact opposite to be true. In terms of quality that is.[/quote]
Jeeezis! Where’s your home? I got a looong vacation coming up.[/quote]

You fiend!
Sorry to get your hopes up. I should have qualified that statement. What I meant was that, down on the corner, both H and cocaine were far more readily available than MJ. What MJ was offered was crap quality, though my junkie friends all testified that the harder stuff was fairly potent for cold-calling street purchase. Even more quality stuff could be delivered in 20 minutes thru a shady cell phone connection to one of the Asian syndicates, whilst scoring some good bud took at least 2 daze of patient old-school networking.
10 or even 5 years or so ago, the complete opposite was in effect.

A very interesting article from The Economist, of all people!. Hit the link for the full piece.

I’d like to see entrepeneurial Afghani opium growers get their black putty into HK, well, all over the damned world, actually (not the smack, that sucks). That would be sweet! And if possible, I would truly love to help them get it into China, just like Matheson Jardines, et al, did all those years ago. It would certainly mean there’d be something for the grandkids!

HG

Here’s an encouraging story about the effects of decriminalization:

The success of drug decriminalization in Portugal

You should need a license to do any kind of psychoactive drug, especially alcohol. The licenses should be awarded by a team of psychologists and the government should pay for the service by selling drugs. Put the dealers right the fuck out of business. There should be enormous pleasure palaces where people can go and safely use whatever drugs they want under the supervision of trained professionals. Any other approach denies two realities:

1. People “want” to do drugs. Drugs often help people to access sides of themselves, emotionally or creatively, that they are denied otherwise.

2. Drugs “really” fuck up an awful lot of people and those people frequently go on to fuck up a lot of other people.

That’s it. bob has spoken.

[quote=“bob”]You should need a license to do any kind of psychoactive drug, especially alcohol. The licenses should be awarded by a team of psychologists and the government should pay for the service by selling drugs. Put the dealers right the fuck out of business. There should be enormous pleasure palaces where people can go and safely use whatever drugs they want under the supervision of trained professionals. Any other approach denies two realities:

1. People “want” to do drugs. Drugs often help people to access sides of themselves, emotionally or creatively, that they are denied otherwise.

2. Drugs “really” fuck up an awful lot of people and those people frequently go on to fuck up a lot of other people.

That’s it. bob has spoken.[/quote]
People tend to blame a lot of stuff on drugs. They do cause people to do stupid stuff. But I think those people would do mean stuff no matter what. If there was no drugs, you would have to blame something else.