List all the reasons not to ride a scooter/motorcycle in Taiwan*. Here are a few I can think of off the top of my head:
- Crazy traffic and the constant risk of injury or death
- The hassel to get a license (tests, time, money)
- High gas prices
- Maintainance fees
- Repair fees (and being worried about being ripped off during repairs)
- Insurance fees
- Having to buy a scooter and then having to sell it if you leave Taiwan
- Dealing with the aftermath of an accident, whether it was your fault or the other guy’s. Especially if you don’t know how to speak Chinese, and/or don’t have a license or insurance.
- Contributing to and dealing with the pollution on the street
I could go on but I’ll let you guys tell me why else not to ride a scooter/motorcycle in Taiwan.
*This thread is for “reasons not to ride a scooter/motorcycle in Taiwan” so please don’t list reasons to ride a scooter/motorcycle in Taiwan; make your own damn thread.