Taiwan Receipt Lottery

I’m now positive you can trade your $200 reciept for goods at 7-11 - my girlfriend informs me she did exactly this just yesterday.

I’m curious. Can you also exchange them for cash at a 7-11? And can you only exchange the 200 NT receipts? What about if you win 1000 NT or more?

Only the receipts worth $200 - and for goods only - not cash.

For those of you who are still intent on making your first NT$2million the easy way, an update on the Uniform Invoice Winning Numbers site…

http://www.dot.gov.tw/content1/num/edetail.asp?datafile=927-8.txt

If you want to check the previous month’s numbers, just replace the 7-8 with 5-6 and so on (e.g. dot.gov.tw/content1/num/edet … =925-6.txt

=====================
Re-topia Revolving Clearance!

I want to know what poor smuck has to sort through the huge bin of reciepts I see in front of certain shops (bookstores for one). And do they ever hit anything meaningful?

They’re usually for charities. Actually its a good idea. Bummer as you say to the poor bastards that tally them up. Bit like looking for hanging chads in a Florida electoral office I dare say.

Seeing as I’ve slipped into not checking my little lotto hopefuls for the whole of this year that’s perhaps where mine should go too. its just that not long after I first arrived here a friend knew someone who won, I forget how much, just after getting a dirty great fat bonus. She very smoothly shouted three mates to a trip to Bali on the lotto earnings. I thought that was such a cool thing to do I’ve been waiting six years to emmulate it.

HG

A person in my company once won the NT$2,000,000 grand prize, so people do win! Save those receipts, but don’t get your hopes up for more than NT$200. In a year of saving these things, I’ve not won once, not even NT$200.

Won NT$200 in the first month I came here and never again though I am an avid ‘collector’ of the receipts.

Ben, can you verify this? In all the years since they started this lotto, I have never been able to pin down a real winner. All of them were hearsay and unconfirmable. I am extremely skeptical.
“A friend of a friend…a guy in my company…my wife’s cousin’s friend…”

I just five minutes ago finished checking our receipts for the four months May-August. Got 400NT out of it. Don’t understand all these people who say they never win. Do you never buy anything? For 5 years we’ve one at least 200NT every time bar one. Back when there were twice as many numbers, our average winning were much higher. Used to get 1000 every few times. I’m a bit pissed that we still haven’t won the 2Mil though.

Brian

We also win at least 200NT each time. Gotta save those receipts!

Just checked June/July&August/September. I think I may have won $600 (3x$200).going to the bank to pay the rent now, I guess I’ll see in a few minutes.

I won, I won, I won. NT$200 on my 9-10 collection …

:smiley:

Yes, it is verified. Although he left the company before I joined, several people in the company who I know personally all knew the NT$2M winner personally, and all were employed at the company when he won.

I’ve been on this island for five years and have won about 600NT total! So Unfair for some of you to win every month!!!

Hi!

Does anyone know where I can get hold of the numbers for the last cash register receipt lottery?

Is there any reliable on-line source that lists them regularly?

Don’t know if you’re laughing at someone who spends hours on end of his spare time looking through small slips of paper (I won 500NT once… ok, that was in 1999), but I’d heard that’s what all you college teachers do anyway!

Have you tried looking at the back of the receipts, there is a website address. :smiley:

Ditto. (Government approved :wink: )

PS: I won 2x NT200 on the 1-2 lottery, one special number and one on the last 3 digits. If my luck continues like that I am going to be a millionaire soon … :laughing:

All of the #'s are now on www.tealit.com

Here:

tealit.com/lotto.htm

I have been here for two of the drawings and have one 200NT both times… Maybe beginners luck?? :smiley: