Receiving Aliexpress shipments

Has anyone ordered anything from Aliexpress lately? I haven’t ordered anything since EZWay started screwing everything up, but I ordered a few things and they are stuck at about the same stage as when I tried to order from Taobao. One order is through Singapore Post’s logistics service, the others are Aliexpress standard shipping, which usually comes through the post office. The sellers tell me nothing is wrong and I just need to wait because of covid. Any non-Taiwanese citizen received an order since EZWay/covid?

1 Like

Yeah i have ordered lots from Ali Express, it is always VERY slow but eventually arrives.

me too, aliexpress works, just very very long delivery time.

I ordered two things back in July and got them in a week. I paid for DHL shipping, but they shipped with SFexpress even when I told them not to. One order arrived without me doing anything. They just randomly called one day and said they were downstairs. The other one I got the text to use the EZWay app. I couldn’t find SFexpress on there. So, I called them, gave them my tracking and ARC number, and they said I don’t have to do anything. Got the package 2 days later.

When did you order your last shipment? Which shipping service?

I ordered 15 May, arrived here 30 June.
I chose the basic shipping option.

Canada’s post office deprioritized cheap shipping from China because they use the developing country reason to be able to ship for almost nothing which creates losses for the post office. It takes up to 3 months to get a package from China. I would bet Taiwan is doing the same now, putting those packages as low priority.

update: i ordered on 2nd September, it arrived yesterday.

You might want to buy from Taobao instead of aliexpress. Shipping can be faster even with sea shipping.

They probably ship by rowboat?

1 Like

Tried twice, nothing came. No real name verification so they won’t ship it.

That might be your problem right there… Taiwan requires real name verification. Is there any way for you to do it like mailing forms?

If anyone on the forum has problems with real name verification from Taobao I can order for you…

If it’s that much trouble to get a picture frame I don’t want it. Anything expensive is going to have customs fees and will be cheaper in Taiwan.

Well, there are ruten sellers selling taobao items at 2-3x price. On the upside you won’t have to deal with EZ Way app.

I just ordered my first item from Ali Express and I’m curious how it will compare with Shopee. I need a replacement filter for a vacuum that I bought in Taiwan over ten years ago but I couldn’t find it anywhere in-store or online; the only site that carries it is Ali Express. It grates on my nerves that my address is listed as Taiwan, China, but sometimes I guess you need to deal with the devil to get what you want.

1 Like

Yeah, but when you look at the tracking it will say overseas shipment and it has departed China.

3 Likes

I just use Taobao. It’s all the same seller but Taobao has much better tracking and stuff. Also since aliexpress is global, prices are often inflated.

I registered with Taiwans EZway app and have received all my packages from China and the USA. You authorize the packages with the tracking number through the app before they arrive. It’s called “letter of authorization”. Taiwan customs depends on this app now. If someone doesn’t want to bother with the app then you’re taking a chance because Taiwan customs is promoting the app as “required” in order to receive overseas packages.

I had trouble with Taobao because of the EasyWay app. Since they started letting foreigners use it properly (with Real Name Authorization) I haven’t tried it again. I’m sure it works, but Taobao also has confusing shipping options. Shipping is paid for separately, and in one case I had to pay for (if I understood) shipping it to the warehouse and perhaps my house and a later for shipping it to Taiwan.

I tried registering this morning and again just now. They require a photo of my APRC. It accepts the front just fine, but absolutely will not accept the back of the card image, no matter how I position it, adjust the light, whatever. It’s ridiculous so I gave up before it made me too upset.