Recent Hinet Connection Speeds

[color=#0000FF]My 10mb 2mb lines are flying tonight… I always had over 2300 up but now 13300 down on the speeds as well…[/color]

Nice one Hinet :smiley: :smiley:

Last Test Date: 1/28/2009
Total Tests Taken: 514
Fastest Download: 13386 kb/s
Fastest Upload: 2541 kb/s
Average Download: 7149 kb/s
Average Upload: 1911 kb/s

[color=#0000FF]TAIPEI[/color]

[color=#0000FF]TAICHUNG[/color]

[color=#0000FF]MANILA[/color]

[color=#0000FF]HONG KONG[/color]

[color=#0000FF]SAN JOSE[/color]

[color=#0000FF]PERTH [/color]

[color=#0000FF]KUALA LUMPUR[/color]

i got the usual 9k+ from taichung right now. nailed a 6k to san jose, back to normal, whatever that lady did worked lol. the taipei server for some reason is unavailable to test

that stupid speedtest wont let me test now without downloading some program that only works with paid subscription. cant just run the test anymore here for some reason

[color=#0000FF]I am still nailing 13350 down and 2500 UP in Taipei[/color]. :thumbsup:

Can you let me know what your upload speeds are, as these are the key ones for me, as a streaming business. CAn you post some screen shots please. Taipie went offline for testing last night but it’s back now

I’ve had a real shitty Hinet connection for about 2 days now. Slow or failed page loads on the internet and torrent sites show ‘not connectable’ which is usually due to a firewall or something.

Anyone else got the same? I’m about ready to call Hinet, but I don’t really know what to tell them except - “I’ve got a shitty connection”.

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]I’ve had a real shitty Hinet connection for about 2 days now. Slow or failed page loads on the internet and torrent sites show ‘not connectable’ which is usually due to a firewall or something.

Anyone else got the same? I’m about ready to call Hinet, but I don’t really know what to tell them except - “I’ve got a shitty connection”.[/quote]

No, actually my speeds got faster

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]I’ve had a real shitty Hinet connection for about 2 days now. Slow or failed page loads on the internet and torrent sites show ‘not connectable’ which is usually due to a firewall or something.

Anyone else got the same? I’m about ready to call Hinet, but I don’t really know what to tell them except - “I’ve got a shitty connection”.[/quote]

Yeah my connection is going up and down in lag. Stable periods have it at less than 300 ms lag and then it shoots up to 4000 and back down. It makes it really troublesome to check my mail or anything else.

I thought it was because CNY but everyone’s gone back now, so maybe it’s all the kids who are on winter break from college. That or Hinet is a cheap ass company that won’t upgrade their infrastructure like they should.

Like right now, trying to submit this. It’s come up as “Failed to Connect” three times!

I’ve been good, but was having similar troubles last week. Check if your Taiwan website loading speeds are good. Mine were, it was overseas websites in particular that were slow. A phone call solved the problem almost immediately.

[quote=“lbksig”][quote=“Bu Lai En”]I’ve had a real shitty Hinet connection for about 2 days now. Slow or failed page loads on the internet and torrent sites show ‘not connectable’ which is usually due to a firewall or something.

Yeah my connection is going up and down in lag. Stable periods have it at less than 300 ms lag and then it shoots up to 4000 and back down. It makes it really troublesome to check my mail or anything else.

I thought it was because CNY but everyone’s gone back now, so maybe it’s all the kids who are on winter break from college. [color=#0000FF]That or Hinet is a cheap ass company that won’t upgrade their infrastructure like they should.[/color]

Like right now, trying to submit this. It’s come up as “Failed to Connect” three times![/quote]

Nothing wrong with Hinet’s infrastructure… It’s me sucking up all the bandwidth

My problems not a speed problem as such. I feel I’m blocked by a Hinet router, or transparent proxy or something making connections difficult.

Why dont you post the links to the sites you think you are being blocked so we can also try them?

Bu -

This new service may be of help to you in sorting out your problems.
It is a new service, free, and is quite busy. But it does offer some diagnostic tests that you might find helpful.

Welcome to Measurement Lab

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Bu -

This new service may be of help to you in sorting out your problems.
It is a new service, free, and is quite busy. But it does offer some diagnostic tests that you might find helpful.

Welcome to Measurement Lab[/quote]

Porbably worth calling Hinet, they do a lot to help out when people complain or poor connectivity.

Thanks for the sugegstions. I’ll try it.

Oh yeah… well then :smiley:

Can you ping to San Jose USA and see what you get… Thanks

Jim, If you do a speedtest to Stockholm on a 10/2 hinet line.What speeds would you get then?

Europe always sucks for some reason. Australia and the US is fine from here, but generally downloading from Europe sucks, although it’s been better since I left Hinet for Kbro.