Recliners

So I am looking for a recliner

I know La-z-boy is the big daddy when it comes to these, but in Taiwan they are too expensive.

Has anyone here bought a recliner single or double in Taiwan? What brand did you buy and how much was it?

What is like the Costco of furniture shops in Taiwan?

I think I’ve seen la-z-boys at the furniture shops attached to the old B&Qs, and Holas.

Costco

a2dbcc78db0d26d83fa1d4511f14d21c

I’m 99% sure I’ve seen that kind of chair at B&Q or Hola. Can’t remember the price, though.
Haven’t checked for chairs in Ikea for ages, no idea if they have something like that.

I want alternatives to La-Z-Boy

I’ve seen recliners at…wait for it…Costco!

Costco sells a variety of different products, I am sure they don’t have 10+ different brands and models of recliners, probably only 1 or 2 at most.

So when I say “like the Costco of furniture shops” it means 1) they only sell furniture 2) they have a wide variety of products.

1 Like

Costco has a recliner.

Costco has a recliner and it’s not a La-Z-Boy.

If I mention “like the Costco of furniture shops” don’t ya think I already looked at Costco champ, because I go there biweekly.

So basically you’re looking for a regular “furniture shop.” Nothing to do with Costco? Or when you say “a wide variety of products” you mean more than just furniture?

BTW, did you try Costco? They have recliners.

1 Like

https://www.costco.com.tw/Furniture-Mattresses-Decor/Living-Room-Furniture/Recliners/c/50205

More than 10.

I am not sure why you feel the need to argue over a forum.

I am looking for a BIG furniture shop that has WHOLESALE prices.

That is why I used “like” because I want the associated characteristics of what Costco has, but it isn’t Costco.

Nobody is arguing. I’m simply answering your questions directly.

This is the first you mentioned wanting “WHOLESALE prices.” Maybe you should be more detailed in your query.

“Costco Wholesale” Have you ever looked at the logo?

Everyone knows Costco is a wholesaler, once again, that is why I asked “what is like the Costco of furniture shops in Taiwan” :roll_eyes:

If you hate Costco so much why do you go there biweekly?

I showed you that they have several different brands and 10+ different models, none of them which are La-Z-Boy. They also have WHOLESALE prices. Checks all of your requirements, just sayin’. :wink:

I buy food at Costco.

I do not hate Costco Yang Gui Zi.

I do not want to buy a recliner at Costco because I don’t like any of them, that is why I asked for an alternative with many options and good prices because everyone knows Costco is cheaper, but you wanted to be funny and say there are recliners at Costco. Now you are arguing why you replied the way you did… so maybe just stop Yang Gui Zi.

The Taiwanese generally like sitting on extremely hard furniture that doesn’t move, so I don’t think you’re going to find anything better or cheaper than what’s on offer at Costco. The closest thing I can think of is those reclining massage chairs that Osim makes…not exactly cheap.

They have a local variety with massage function, heating pad function, etc. My local beauty parlor has it. I remember lusting after it when I bought my elliptic machine, so I guess most places that sell runing equipment have them. It was not that expensive if I recall. Not 40k stuff.

My local furniture store has several models, one I am very fond of has a cup holder. 6 or 7k, Xindian.

1 Like

What about Scantek?

I’m not sure if it’s wholesale, but it is a chain store with a bit of a different selection.

IIRC, you’re in Zhongli, correct? There’s a large furniture store close to the Zhongyuan Carrefour. Never been there and have no idea what they have, but I’ve driven by it many times.

https://goo.gl/maps/xtUQ9L8qXkn

I do apologize for having a bit of fun at your expense (break from the boredom of an office job). However, in my defense, that link to the Costco recliners does fit all your criteria of having 10+ models to choose from, no La-Z-Boys, and being reasonably priced…until you finally said you just don’t like them.