Recommend me a Commuter Bike

Hey folks, I’m going to begin commuting to work and back. Mostly flat and pretty smooth roads.

I’m 175 cm and around 80 kg.

Low maintenance and reliable is the only thing I look for. Comfort and add-on are low priority.

Budget 10,000 TWD and under. Can stretch it to 15,000 if there’s a good reason for it.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Will you lock it up outside or inside?

This is my standard recommendation for a basic commuter bike. It’s pretty comparable (same Shimano gears) to the KHS mountain bike that I have had for 3 yrs and 5000-6000km. I finally replaced the chain a month or two ago (way overdue).

giantcyclingworld.com/web/bi … e01d6f2d1a

Locking up inside!

[quote=“Abacus”]This is my standard recommendation for a basic commuter bike. It’s pretty comparable (same Shimano gears) to the KHS mountain bike that I have had for 3 yrs and 5000-6000km. I finally replaced the chain a month or two ago (way overdue).

giantcyclingworld.com/web/bi … e01d6f2d1a[/quote]

Went to a Giant store yesterday and ended up getting a CS800 (looks similar), but didn’t see this particular model you mentioned in store. Thanks!

I think it’s mostly similar aside from getting the front fork like a mt bike. It doesn’t matter much but it will make the bike a little heavier and it’s completely unnecessary for a commuter. I also have the mt bike version (KHS) and don’t care enough to change it. I’m also not surprised they didn’t have one in stock since it’s a low profit model.

http://www.giantcyclingworld.com/web/bikes_view.php?id=b7f1ebf4-cc3a-4147-8b0f-e2b6a105e5d6

[quote=“24bear”] Mostly flat and pretty smooth roads.
[/quote]

Gotta be a fixed wheel. About 66-68 inch gear. Light, low-maintenance. Sorted.

I miss mine - stuck in storage in the UK.