Recommendations for Inexpensive Online US Masters Degree?

[quote=“jdsmith”]

For what, might I ask?[/quote]

To get me three units closer to the end.

[quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“jdsmith”]

For what, might I ask?[/quote]

To get me three units closer to the end.[/quote]

And what will the paper read at the end?:slight_smile:

Ploor wrote

[quote]If someone has a brick-and-mortar master’s degree in an unrelated field, could this qualify for the examinations?
Is the situation any different if someone also had an online degree in an appropriate field?[/quote]

When the Ministry of Education examines post-secondary instructors, they are primarily concerned that the candidate be qualified to teach in the area they are being hired to teach. Faculty being hired to teach English can demonstrate this in a number of ways that include having a related graduate degree, having a graduate degree from a university where the language of instruction is English, or being a ‘native-speaker’ of English. If you are a ‘native-speaker’, at the very minimum, you will need an on-campus master’s degree in any field. it doesn’t matter if the degree is in a related field; no degree earned on-line or at distance is acceptable.

In practice, there are fewer and fewer faculty hired without a related degree, but I have written extensively about this elsewhere
eslcafe.com/jobinfo/asia/sef … -79528.txt[/u]
scottsommers.blogs.com/taiwanweblog/

Thank you for the clarification.

[quote=“ScottSommers”]
In practice, there are fewer and fewer faculty hired without a related degree, but I have written extensively about this elsewhere
eslcafe.com/jobinfo/asia/sef … -79528.txt
scottsommers.blogs.com/taiwanweblog/[/quote]

Perhaps we can consider your resume as a case study.
scottsommers.blogs.com/resume/
mcu.edu.tw/department/app-La … Resume.htm

My resume is not a typical successful application. I was hired by virtue of the research record that I had before I came to the school. If you check out the most recent posting on my blog, you’ll see my advice about finding jobs at Taiwan universities. While I highly recommend pursuing a research program as a means for obtaining a teaching position, it’s not the most realistic of the suggestions that I give.
scottsommers.blogs.com/taiwanweb … d_tai.html

Yes, Vay, by all means you must! millions have done it and you can, too. I was too cheap to do it, but I am sure you can! Go get’em tiger!

Vay,

Just be aware of how much time and energy you will have to put into it.

Yesterday I hit “the wall”. For the past three weeks I have been getting like 5 hours of sleep a night. Weekends don’t hold any meaning for me anymore. I am not thinking clearly and am not very nice to be around. I haven’t seen my friends in a social environment in months and I haven’t done anything that I like to do in ages. I thought I had a family around here somewhere but I’m not sure.

I am about a third of the way through the program and I don’t know how I am going to make.

If you do decide the to get a Masters I would recommend cutting back on work a bit if it is possible.

[quote=“Durins Bane”]Vay,

Just be aware of how much time and energy you will have to put into it.

Yesterday I hit “the wall”. For the past three weeks I have been getting like 5 hours of sleep a night. Weekends don’t hold any meaning for me anymore. I am not thinking clearly and am not very nice to be around. I haven’t seen my friends in a social environment in months and I haven’t done anything that I like to do in ages. I thought I had a family around here somewhere but I’m not sure.

I am about a third of the way through the program and I don’t know how I am going to make.

If you do decide the to get a Masters I would recommend cutting back on work a bit if it is possible.[/quote]

are you doing one class at a time, or a bunch? most of the guys i know do one at the time. less stress than the 6 i got roped into.

5 hours sleep is heaven. :laughing: my son assures that i get 3-4.

keep plugging, and i f you can take some time off work, or take a break during classes, do it. one friend took two months off, and that helped. my uni was talking about putting a class or two in the summer - i told them to have fun, i won’t be there. they just don’t understand that summer vacation means SUMMER VACATION :loco: :loco:

need beer and outside. :help:

[quote=“xtrain_01”]

are you doing one class at a time, or a bunch? most of the guys I know do one at the time. less stress than the 6 I got roped into.

5 hours sleep is heaven. :laughing: my son assures that I get 3-4.

keep plugging, and i f you can take some time off work, or take a break during classes, do it. one friend took two months off, and that helped. my uni was talking about putting a class or two in the summer - I told them to have fun, I won’t be there. they just don’t understand that summer vacation means SUMMER VACATION :loco: :loco:

need beer and outside. :help:[/quote]

Doing one at a time…which in itself wouldn’t be bad but on top of work and all it is really taking a toll on me physically and mentally. For me, it is a race against time…I want my boys out of here ASAP but I will not split up the family. I’ll move back to the States and clean toilets before I do that.

Beer? Funny you should mention that…I haven’t had one in quite a while and last night I had three and they just about knocked me right on my ass. I haven’t been a three beer lush since I was about 10 years old. Strangest damn thing to happen to me in quite a while. :s