Recommendations on places for remote work

Hello!

I recently moved to Taipei and I work remotely. I am looking for suggestions on where to work with my laptop and a few small electronic devices.
I’m open to co-working places and quiet cafes (preferably the former). I am currently in the Sanchong District and I will move near gongguan station next month. Doesn’t have to be close though as long as it is within reasonable MRT reach.

Thanks for any suggestion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This may not be what you’re looking for but I thought it was interesting, saw the other day, workspace booths from Happ in a metro station. They have a lot of more ordinary spaces for rent as well

1 Like

In Taiwan, there really isn’t any reason to pay for a co-working space because coffee shops are safe enough that you can just leave your laptop when you use the bathroom.

I’m also a remote worker, and I usually work at a Louisa Coffee. They usually have large work areas that resemble co-working spaces.

If you really want to pay for a co-working space, there’s a WeWork near the Taipei City Hall MRT.

2 Likes

I walk by it every so often but have never stepped in. The Hive near the Presidential Office seems like a nice place.

2 Likes

There are so many all over the place.

local libraries have air conditioning, water fountains, and bathrooms.
plus, have books/mags if bored.

4 Likes

If you are going to move to Gongguan, there’s a café called Matcha Prince inside NTU (MK innovation hall, towards the north-east part of the main campus). It is pretty empty except for lunch time and has nice natural light, plugs everywhere, and big comfortable tables.

1 Like

WeWork operates a space in central Xinyi.

1 Like

Louisa is a good deal, 35NT for their tea and you can sit there all day. Lunch burger for 50NT.

Starbucks is overpriced as are most privately owned coffee shops. You shouldn’t have to pay more than 60NT for tea and they all taste the same to me.

There’s some coworking spots that charge 200NT for all day and free coffee. WeWork is overpriced.

2 Likes