Recommended Android ‘photo’ phone

GIrlfriend needs a new phone, she wants Android that takes best photos.
Im looking at Google pixel?
Also much difference between the 6 and 7?
Better ones on a budget? I’m buying :cry:

2 Likes

She might like the Zenfone 9 with its huge cameras. It’s a flagship phone without a flagship price. On PCHome for $18888. 256 GB is $20888

2 Likes

6a is under 10K I think and takes great photos.

basically a comparison among iPhone, Google Pixel, and Samsung models.
I guess if not want a China brand, then that’s all to look at for Android, ex-iPhone

1 Like

Pixel 6 Pro camera is a lot of fun.

Google Pixel, Samsung Galaxy, or Xiaomi 12/13 maybe?

1 Like

Google Pixel phones are suitable for those who mainly do point-and-shoot, as Google does not provide Pro Mode, such as setting ISO and shutter speed. I cannot recommend them as my Pixel phone died only after 8 months…

Your best bet is Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra if you want more control and don’t want a phone from China. Otherwise, Vivo X80 (X90 might be available in Taiwan in January), which is co-engineered with Zeiss, and and Xiaomi 12s, which has a 1-inch sensor and is co-engineered with Leica, have better camera hardware.

+1 about not recommending Google Pixel, the first and last Pixel phone I had also died within a year, and since I bought it from Shopee and there does not seem to be any service center it was a total loss.

By the way, there are alternative camera apps from the Google Play store that you could try to use that might give you more advanced controls, even on phones where the built-in camera app does not support it. You may or may not need root, not sure.

She has mentioned that one I will look at, Samsung to expensive.

As with all cheap Chinese phones make sure you are happy with the privacy settings and maybe manufacturing practices if that bothers you.

2 Likes

All getting complicated now and cost going up and up, getting onto iPhone prices.
Samsung galaxy s22 now! I still own a Galaxy s2 unmarked and boxed.

I am in the market for a new S2x phone and I am thinking about S21 FE, it has great value.

Yeah good reviews and price is low

1 Like

I have this dual sim unused, to old.
Anyone wants 500nt

1 Like

I’ll stay with Sony Xperia.

4 Likes

Which model?

Right now I have the Xperia 1 II but the latest model is the Xperia 1 IV with optical zoom (not digital). I wish for it.

1 Like

Sony Xperia came up in some of my searches. But, it does not seem to be very popular in Taiwan. That means it is not so easy to find good deals online.

1 Like

I have a Samsung S20 Fe 5G and it has been great. You can get one at a very affordable price now. 7000