Recommended dermatologist in Taipei

You attack someone for unhelpful comments but then you are so blatantly unhelpful. Does it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside to not help people? You say you possess the information she is looking for but, uh-oh, she/he has upset you so you’re gonna keep it to yourself. Not very grown-up is it?

I’ve been here for 10 years. I can remember the anxieties I felt when I first arrived. Some deal with them better than others.

Buttercup I think a bit of a change in your outlook on life might do ya some good. And it might improve the quality of this forum as well.

And you can take your condescension and shove it up your arse :raspberry:

I’ve read a lot of your posts and it seems you like to put people down. Insecure are we?

Dear Sir,

We thank you for your recent request for a flame war. Buttercup regrets that she cannot participate in any trollfests personally due to the volume of requests she receives. The makers of Buttercup thank you for your continued interest and wish you success with your future plans.

pp Buttercup

Hi,

I just skimmed through this topic… but I think I have some info that might help you. I am in Taichung and see an English speaking dermatologist behind the Carrefour on Da Dun… He is located on Da Dun 12 St. Phone number: 04 2319 6353 . I think he is open weekdays from 9-12, 2:30-5:30, 6:30-9:30. The clinic is called Ideal Skin.

I find him very easy to talk to. I was able to tell him about all of my previous treatments (i.e. I have been on accutane before etc). And he took this info into consideration…

Unfortunately, he told me that birth control isn’t typically prescribed in Taiwan for the treatment of acne. I have been on Diane/Yasmin to control my acne for the past four years. So I found this to be a bit of a shock.

I did discover that there are some online pharmacies that will ship birth control to Taiwan without a prescription. So if you have been on birth control in the past to control acne, you might consider using an online pharmacy and getting what it was you used before.

Hope this helped.

I found a dermatologist here in Miaoli yesterday. Told him that I had run out of Roaccutane and he just handed me a couple of sheets. 60 NT each but no waiting period, no tests - nothing. Wham, bam thank you!

Hello all.

I’m in need of the best dermatologist in taipei, but i don’t know who that is.

Can anyone share their recommendations?

Thanks!

Hi mosquitonet!

Try these threads:

Perhaps if you were more specific about what you need, we could suggest something?

There’s a good one across the road from the “new” green Sogo, in the same building as Esprit. Not sure which floor. It also depends what you’re looking for, but in my case it was eczema related and I got some miracle cream that cured it in three days…

Hello! I was wondering if anyone can give me a name of a good Dermatologist in Taipei. I am very fair skin and noticed a new mole that popped up. I would like to get this checked as well as a full body scan to make sure everything is ok. My grandmother died of skin cancer and I rather be safe with getting it checked. I would need someone who speaks English or has late hours so my boyfriend can come with me (he speaks Chinese). Name and numbers will be great!

Thanks. :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

Oh and I live in Nehiu. Something in that area would be great!!

Most doctors here speak English.

I had some (non cancerous) moles removed at Wan Fang hospital a few years ago.

A dermatologist I go to is the famous one near Taipower MRT which is open late. Best to make an appointment.

That famous one will not help, too many people, no time for a decent, through exam. Clinics are good for most things except the ones that require tests like biopsies. Big hospitals, like Taida, Adventist, Tzu Chi, Shinkong, Veterans, come to mind as better choices.

My friend was lucky to see a good one in Taida, but when I asked him about it, he couldn’t remember the name. That’s gratitude for you. sigh

http://fks.myweb.hinet.net/english.htm

Doctor speaks good english. His nurse, however, doesn’t speak much english.

Instead of making a new thread, ill just revive this one.

I’m looking for a dermatologists that speaks English and really give me a thorough look through. Doesn’t have to be female like the original poster and price isn’t an issue. This thread seems a little outdated and some places may have changed with new doctors and some places may have closed down but can anyone recommend a really good dermatologists? Like all others, i prefer someone that doesn’t take one look and prescribe me anything. Also, I interested in a chemical peel so the more experience the better when it comes to stuff like that. Thanks in advance.

Has anyone had experience with this doctor from the AIT website?

William W. Lo, M.D.
Education/Credentials
M.D. National Yang Ming Medical College
American Academy of Dermatology
Speaks excellent English

Private Clinic
2F #2, Lane 14, Zhongshan North Rd., Sec. 7, Tianmu
Hours: Mon. - Sat. 3 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Appointments: 2874-3223

Dr. Will Chen at EZSKIN is good and speaks English. I haven’t personally been treated by him, but my sister-in-law had good results. He’s a little more expensive because he doesn’t accept the National Health Card.

I don’t know if his nurse/reception speaks English though.

http://www.ezskin.com.tw/index.aspx

Taipei
Roosevelt Road
Section 3
3F

診所地址:台北市羅斯福路3段301號3F﹝台電大樓對面,星巴克三樓﹞。 門診預約掛號專線 :〈 02 〉2368-2223 。 雷射醫學美容專線 :〈 02 〉2368-9405

that stuff is awesome, had acne for many years and tried everything… Roaccutane for a few weeks and my skin is clear ever since… it did dry out my mucosa and my eyes…can’t wear contacts anymore but at least I got rid of extreme acne…back in Germany they did blood tests every week though because that stuff has a lot of side effects

Thank you, I sent them an email and awaiting a response. Could you elaborate on her “good results”? Did he give her the necessary time and actually spend time with her to talk to her about everything instead of the wham-bam-slam approach? Also, would it be possible to share what kind of treatment she requested/needed (if its too personal i completely understand, i just want to get a good understanding of this doctor).

Anyone else have any other suggestions? Would like to get as many options as possible

Sorry for the delayed response. My sister-in-law (about 23 years old at the time) had acne covering much of her face and it’s not really there any longer. I suppose she still gets the occasional zit, but nothing compared to her previous condition.

I don’t know what course of treatment was used, but I do believe Dr. Chen will spend more time discussing your case with you. He doesn’t use the health card system, so he probably feels an obligation to give his patients their money’s worth.

Haven’t an ARC so this will be paid out of pocket - can anyone recommend a good dermatologist in Taipei? Needing to see one regarding roseacea and treating scars from a recent surgery.

is accutane overed by insurance in taiwan?

hey is accutane covered by insurance in taiwan?

I’ve had great care from Dr. Tsung at Taiwan Adventist Hospital. I go to the dermatology clinic that accepts insurance. I’ve also gone to the Aesthetic Center where the same doc did some laser work on me. Here is his information.
https://www.tahsda.org.tw/doctors/doctorcard_eng.php?doctorid=8685