Red bull energy drink

Redbull was pulled off the shelves earlier last year due to traces of cocaine found in these drinks by the Taiwan health officials. I’m not sure about their availability now, but I haven’t seen them around lately.

How does it taste? :roflmao:[/quote]

oh man, i saw those things the very first day i was here and had to do a double/triple take. i thought “wow… gonna have a lot of fun with the engrish.”

last night i saw a freaking pencil box for sale at the vieshow that said “i love you philip morris”… way to get the kids on the habit early!

whoa, really?! how is that even possible? i mean, wouldn’t that alone drive the input price sky high?

Apparently, you’d need 2 million cans of it to feel any cocaine effects. Or something like that.

[quote=“mabagal”]
whoa, really?! how is that even possible? i mean, wouldn’t that alone drive the input price sky high?[/quote]

I’m not sure, but at least that’s what i heard :ponder:

etaiwannews.com/etn/news_con … ews_Health

It’s just a stupid political stunt they pull. It’s less dangerous than sniffing super glue, yet they didn’t pull super glue off the shelf.

Red Bull tastes great. The local stuff tastes like cough mixture.

How does it taste? :roflmao:[/quote]

oh man, i saw those things the very first day i was here and had to do a double/triple take. i thought “wow… gonna have a lot of fun with the engrish.”[/quote]
I remember in the 90s there were locals ads and other materials which made it clear that some actually thought “come best” was a standard phrase in English.

ok, i have seen proper cans of this stuff at a nightclub. as in they opened the can and poured the redbull vodka.

the bar i went to at first had it out the spigot which to me tasted like proper redbull, but you never know with the spigots.

which means there is a channel to get cans into taiwan. didn’t get a chance to talk to whomever was running the nightclub or does their ordering, but their cost basis did not seem exorbitant as a redbull-vodka was the same price as any other cocktail.

will ask around more, but it doesn’t seem than redbull is total unobtainium here.

I am sure I saw Redbull in my local Carrefour in JhongHe last week, it was sold in packs of 4 and near the alcohol section…

The Nangang Carrefour has Red Bull as well.

It’s just a few hundred meters from the Nangang TRA station (go out, walk left around the small park). By MRT have to take a 5min walking detour because of ongoing construction works…

Yes, you read it. The Tienmu Carrefour, located about 5 minutes away from the Zhishan MRT station, is selling Red bull. It’s being sold in a 4 pack for about 50NT, but I’m not sure about the price. I asked my wife if she’s sure the whole pack is being sold for 50NT and she told me yes. It doesn’t sound right to me. I think it’s 200NT, but I’m not sure. So, for all you Redbull lovers, you can go down and check for yourself.

OK Mart is now selling it for $59 a can (I’m sipping on one right now).

GREAT!! So they’re back on sale after last year’s “cocaine” silliness. :thumbsup:

Yes, Redbull is back at any local Carrefour. I love vodka redbull, so I have been using a Taiwanese brand called “Super Ox.” I swear by it, it tastes so close to redbull and its only $30nt. I have only found it at Family Mart. Check it out.

Yep, got a bunch of these from Carrefour, thanks guys! They don’t have sugar-free yet, however.

rk, as for “Super Ox”, imo, that tastes really bad to me. It’s sort of like a bland version of Krating Daeng (the OG Redbull), and furthermore without the kick.

They’ve got the proper Thai version (the small yellow cans) in the Vietnamese restaurant/grocery opposite Zhishan MRT.

I had some of that just last night at a small Viet restaurant in Kaoshiung by the main bus station. It was only 30nt. Is it the same price at that place? I’d love to get more.

I had some of that just last night at a small Viet restaurant in Kaoshiung (Gaoxiong) by the main bus station. It was only 30nt. Is it the same price at that place? I’d love to get more.[/quote]

Didn’t check the price, but everything else was really cheap so I guess it’s similar.

Saw Redbull for sale at OK Mart. It’s back!