Referendums Galore - 2018 Municipal Elections

What move? More referendums?

Guy

The date of that article is June 2017, way before the referendum. How is it relevant to post referendum decisions by the government?

Thanks for pointing that out. This is the article that linked to it.

No, quietly opening the nuclear reactors.

Once again, you’re demonstrating that you have not read the actual referendum proposal.

1 Like

Seeing how it’s completely ignored and flipped flopped on. I’m glad I didn’t wast my time.

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

You are so proud of being uninformed. It’s classic right wing, Trumpist, redneck Republican/KMT supporter attitude.

The proposal was to abolish article 95I of the Eletricity Act. It said NOTHING about restarting the nuclear plant.

2 Likes

Lemme guess, you don’t live anywhere near Taipei City, or Kaohsiung City, or Orchid Island.

I didn’t think so.

Guy

Yeah. It opens up restarting existing plants.

No. It merely struck down the provision that read “the nuclear-energy-based power-generating facilities shall wholly stop running by 2025”. There was no proposal about restarting anything, so no, the referendum did not vote yes on this.

1 Like

If it doesn’t shut down all existing plants. It allows for the reopening of existing plants no?

First of all, the existing plants were never shut down. Only the #4 reactor was/is.

And no. Striking down a provision that says all nuclear reactors shall stop running by 2025 doesn’t mean anything’s getting reopened. There is no logical connection between the two.

1 Like

This is so stupid. I would much rather live 100 yards from a nuclear reactor than within several kilometers of a coal- burning plant.

1 Like

Who is asking you to live near a coal-burning plant?

That’s what I thought.

Guy

Congratulations on pointing out that my point was as meaningless as yours.

1 Like

What? It allows the use of nuclear energy. Of course they can reopen existing plants and reactors and extend them. Which is exactly what they just did.

They can, but they are not obliged to. You were saying as if they had to because of the referendum, which is completely untrue.

1 Like

Congratulations on pointing out that my point was as meaningless as yours.

Uh no.

My point is that our good friend @OysterOmelet is stating policy preferences that directly impact those of us living here on this island. This is our home, we live here, we pay taxes here. And I am sorry I know enough about the utterly mendacious ways of Taipower to say: no thanks. If the history of their actions are unknown to you, please learn it. And if you live thousands of kms from here, don’t expect sympathy from residents if you support extending Taiwan’s high-risk nuclear gamble.

Guy

Yeah. I thought so. Don’t give me your BS. I didn’t say that so try to back step. It allows the use of nuclear energy. It’s a no brainer on the intention to reopen and extend plants and reactors when the concern is keeping up with energy demands. The people who pushed for this didn’t hide they wanted to do this. Everyone knew.

Sorry Andrew but Gain is correct on the points made above.

No need to attack him for spelling things out clearly.

Guy