Refilling an American Prescription?

Hey y’all. I have a prescription for citalopram from the US, and my supply here in Taiwan is almost out. Where can I go to refill it here in Taipei?

Go to the doctor and see a psychologist, they may or may not have the exact same SSRI, so you could have to switch and find another one to get used to. Show them your prescription, they will know what it is.

1 Like

On a side note, if you go to the hospital and most doctors that are covered by NHI, you won’t get much psychiatric help. They have you in and out in like 5 min and basically just give out antidepressants like SSRIs and benzod like candy. It’s pretty reckless in the long run with drugs that alter the brain chemistry. Antidepressants are always best with some sort of psychiatric therapy so they can monitor you and adjust and switch you or take you off meds. You might need to go to a private psychiatrist that’s not cover by NHI and will spend time knowing and understanding your mental health state. It’s more pricey yes. But you can’t put a price on mental health. Especially think about it you run into some serious issues, you don’t have anyone to call and see that really knows what’s going on.

1 Like