Refusal of spouse visa

HI guys
I’m a British english teacher w ARC. My husband got advised to go to HOng Kong (TECOS) to get a joining family visa. When he went there they gave him only a 60 day non-extendable visa, and told him to go back to his country, Argentina, to apply there. This is a bummer, and not financially viable in the foreseeable, so I was wondering does anyone know:
1 Is Tecos’ decision appealable?
2 Can he keep going back to Hong Kong indefinitely to get 60 more days in Taiwan?
3 Can someone go for him to Argentina to get the resident visa processed? Like an agent, or a friend.

Thanks for your help.
Ca

Something here is not right. Yes, he could keep on going back and forth until the authorities in Taoyuan get tired of it, which is undetermined. But that won’t be a solution.

He has the right to stay as legally married to an ARC holder. Is he Overseas Taiwanese or something? What reasons did NIA give? Any problem with his documentation?

[quote=“castral”]HI guys
I’m a British english teacher w ARC. My husband got advised to go to HOng Kong (TECOS) to get a joining family visa. When he went there they gave him only a 60 day non-extendable visa, and told him to go back to his country, Argentina, to apply there. This is a bummer, and not financially viable in the foreseeable, so I was wondering does anyone know:
1 Is Tecos’ decision appealable?
2 Can he keep going back to Hong Kong indefinitely to get 60 more days in Taiwan?
3 Can someone go for him to Argentina to get the resident visa processed? Like an agent, or a friend.

Thanks for your help.
Ca[/quote]

A resident visa is processed in Taiwan, not at always and only issued at an overseas TECO. You can go to the BOCA in Taipei and ask about how to deal with it. I think HK is out of line, but hey, they are the ‘government representative’!

boca.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=613 … e=778&mp=2

boca.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=130 … e=778&mp=2

Anyways, sometimes they just refuse even travel visa to people from some countries, long ago I was listening in to the next booth I was standing at the TECO in HK, the lady just said to the guy go back to your home country to get the visa (which was Pakistan or something).

They gave me a hard time too (HK), after getting several extendable visa (I was already married in Taiwan but never came around to get all my papers done in my home country) they told me, next time bring a HIV test report or you get only a 60-day visa … me being me just sucked it up and went back and forth every 60 days (refused to give in to a dumb request). They couldn’t refuse giving me a visa totally because of my marriage status. Oh, and I always bought a ticket in hK from than on, needed to have a return ticket.

I appreciate your input guys. I just got their reason: apparently they think the marriage certificate is not legal or registered in Argentina. Since it has been apostilized, it has already been authenticated, cause Argentina is a member of the Apostile Hague Convention. I think they just made a mistake. See what they say…