Refused a vasectomy

Yep. Your Taiwanese spouse literally has your balls in her watch pocket!

I got mine in the US a few years back, just so I didn’t feel so emasculated by having my wife “allow me” to get the snip here in Taiwan.

What is 單身證明? How do I prove I’m single, other than the fact I’m not married? Where does one get that paperwork? lol

that’s a fair point. maybe why it’s mostly hogs here. also pushed into cages so they cant move much.

but back on point, are there laws in Taiwan preventing unmarried folks from this procedure? this sounds so bizarre !

your country of passport. it is actually a common thing. many countries require it before getting married as well.

Same as when one wants to get married in Taiwan. Need single status certificate.

Taiwanese get the ‘Affidavit of Singleness’ from the District Court.
Foreigners depends on their country of origin.

Edit: You may even have to shot around to find a doctor who is willing to do it on an unmarried man. Less likely to find one in big hospitals.

Doctors who do vasectomy will tell you this.

2 Likes

According to this comic only married men can get it?! :thinking:

2 Likes

@mosquitonet123 Here is the law the doctors refer to:

[EN] Genetic Health Act - Article Search/Content Search Result - Laws & Regulations Database of The Republic of China (Taiwan)
[CH] 優生保健法§10-全國法規資料庫

3 Likes

Well, all I can say @OP, is that I am glad you already understand the concept of “my body, my choice”. It’s a bit amusing to me as a woman that this goes both ways in Taiwan. It’s sad that a few old men and one young “Christian” woman decided that’s not a viable concept for anyone in the good old USA…

1 Like

It is a shame that people find some way to squeeze American politics into everything

2 Likes

Please note the posted forum rule: serious replies only to medical questions of any nature

2 Likes

My good friend went through the same thing here about ten years ago, and I was shocked as well. He finally was able to get the vasectomy, only because he had a student who was a doctor. That doctor was able to pull some strings for my friend. 關係 wins again.

(By the way, my friend is married now; they have three cat children and are perfectly happy)

4 Likes

The English translation has a typo:

1. 第一項所定應得配偶同意,其配偶生死不明或無意識或精神錯亂者,不在此限。
  1. The requirement for spouse’s consent as set forth in paragraph 1 above may be dispensed with if his/her spouse is missing, where about unknown, becomes unconscious or deranded.

They meant ‘(mentally) deranged’.

I sent MOJ an email to let them know.

So there is a way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

bold text in paragraph 3 says unmarried men can have this done, so it seems there are no issues. perhaps the only issue is proof of not being married. it’s a weird law to begin with, but they are not saying no.

thanks

Could this not be a blessing in disguise, OP?

Its definitely a violation of your free-will. But I’ve heard stories of men suffering from depression and tiredness after getting snipped.

I would worry, in Taoist terms, that it cuts us off from our male energy, jing, or whatever. In Western medicine, I’d be cautious about testosterone loss.

After you get over the fact that that the Doctor’s approach is patronizing, bureaucratically Kafkaesque, and circularly-logical… fate may have been doing you a favour.

JMO.

Raw male energy is precious.

Could you not wait a month or two, and research it deeper? Is it urgent. Do you really have xiaojies banging down your door, and clawing you on the MRT?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=depression+tiredness+after+vasectomy

This— on a t shirt.

1 Like

What would happen if you really got that printed on a nice black T-Shirt, and went round with it for a week? At work, on the MRT, everything.

Sometimes I think Civilization is birthed from the continual interplay of the twin forces of Hypergamy and Testosterone.

IMO testosterone is a literal self-produced drug. It makes men do stupid things to scramble to the top of the pyramid. I once jumped in the Budapest Danube and tried to swim across it to impress a girl. I got 10 meters in, nearly got dragged under by a ripcurrent, and swam back. When I got back to our table, she’d left.

So test is the foundation of who we are as males. If there was even a 10% chance that a vasectomy could lower testosterone, I’d be terrified.

A search on Yandex shows opinion is divided. I definitely respect free choice as per the US constitution, but I’d research it exhaustivly first.

The majority of people here probably couldn’t even read what it says

Testosterone didn’t make you do that, you chose that method. Testosterone just made you want to make the beast with two backs with the girl. How you channel that energy is up to you