Regarding rent deposit

My rent contract is ending in 2 months. I will hand over the house to the owner then. I deposited 2 months of rent at the beginning of the rent period. How can I make sure that I get it back? Should I hire a cleaning service to clean up? Is there anything else to keep in mind? Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Not sure how common it is, but we arranged with our last landlord that they bring the deposit to the key hand-over date in cash, and give it back to us if nothing is in bad shape. Worked well.

I did hire a (very nice, good, affordable) cleaning company last time I moved, due to some hand injury preventing effective cleaning.

This time I’ll probably also hire them… Out of super tight schedule between vacating and moving out.

Anyway, as far as I understand it’s not necessary or required to do so - as long as you clean and repair everything roughly to the same status as when you arrived.

2 Likes

How much was the service?

2 Likes

A little over 500NTD per hour per person. So worth it - super quick. Meaning lots and lots done per hour.

I posted about my experience with different services here: Professional one-time thorough house cleaning in Taipei - #9 by olm

3 Likes

Wow that’s cheaper than I thought! Half as cheap

1 Like
1 Like