REGGAE BEACHFEST 2010 Next week ! June 5th

COOL SMS my-cool-sms.com/ - Send SMS from your PC. Quick. Simple. Cool. FREE Trial

Beachfest infos in Blog [video, pictures etc…]:[color=#0040FF]
reggaebeachfest.blogspot.com [/color]

Islandjam Reggae Beachfest JUNE 5, 2010 @ Walilei - Qianshui Wan beach 淺水灣-台北縣三芝鄉北勢子12-1號
Blog [video, pictures]:[color=#0040FF]
reggaebeachfest.blogspot.com [/color]
Opening : [color=#FF0000]JUNE 5th, 2010 - 2pm [sat][/color]
End: [color=#FF0000]JUNE 6th 5am [sun]
[/color]
<< ticket @ the door>>
700nts+ 1drink
Students with student ID :
500nts+1 Drink @ [men]
400nts+1 drink [girl]

<< Advance tickets>> [where to get ticket? see below]

600nts +1 drink
Students with student ID :
400nts+1 Drink [men]
300nts+1 drink [girl]

Bands/singers:
Jeck Pilpil & Peace pipe [Philipines]
Carib Rocks & Miffer [Japan]
Matzka [Taiwan]
Splendor [trinidad]
Skaraoke [Taiwan]
Sunny Small [Taiwan]
Ice [Taiwan]
and more…
Djs:
Open crew [Japan] : Big H,Yahman, selectha Taro …
Selectha Zion [France]
Dj Marcus [USA]
Black Reign Intl sound system [Djs from Jamaica, Belize,Martinique …]

and more… We’ll keep you updated !

<< Where to get my advance tickets ?>> //ticket available in April 15th//

[color=#FF0000]< Limited advance tickets >[/color]

Advance tickets [Taipei city/county]
Tickets are available now in 4 places in taipei city and 2 places in Tamsui [see below]

[color=#008000]< Doesnt matter where you are in Taiwan you still can get your Tickets!> Just go to Waakao [Islandjam-Tickets ] and fallow the instructions.[/color]
Link : waakao.com/en/event-tickets.

If you need more informations please feel free to email us: islandjamtickets@gmail.com

Places in taipei city /county where you can get your tickets
<< IN ALL TOASTERIA SHOP>> : " get a free drink with any purchase of a ticket for this event, at any of Toasteria’s locations"

Toasteria Cafe [taipei city] :
Zhong Xiao Brunch
#2 Lane 248, Zhongxiao East Rd. Sec 4.
台北市忠孝東路4段248巷2號
(one block west of Yanji Street)
02 2731 8004

Toasteria Cafe [taipei city]:
Shi-Da Branch
Yunhe St. Alley 72 #1
台北市雲和街72巷1號
電話: 02 2365 3051

KGB burgers [taipei city]
5, Ln 114, Shi-Da Rd, Taipei City
(台北市師大路114巷5號)

Sababa’s [taipei city]
No. 17, Lane 283, Sec. 3
Roosevelt Rd, Taipei
(台北市羅斯福路三段283巷17號)

Kooks [taipei county]
#12 Lane 18 Ren’ai Rd. Danshui
台北縣淡水鎮仁愛街18巷12號
(02) 2625-6161

Eddy’s Cantina [taipei county]
151-1 Zhongshan Rd, Danshui
台北縣淡水鎮中山路151-1號
(02) 2628-2638

<< HOW DO I GET THERE ? >>
我要如何到達活動地點?回程有交通運輸?

By MRT搭乘捷運: Red line to Danshui(淡水) MRT . You can take the FREE Beachfest express bus to Walilei in Sanzhi township.
搭乘捷運紅線到淡水站,
出口將會有Beachfest免費巴士直達哇哩咧餐廳。
捷運出來往右手邊走到底將會看到免費巴士,
現場會有服務人員引導帶領

Upon exiting Danshui mrt go toward the bus terminal to the right and look for Beachfest bus.

Beachfest Express Bus Schedule

From Danshui mrt to Walilei:
every 20 mins : Start 1:40pm, Finish 11:30pm
從淡水到哇哩咧每隔 20分鐘就有一班車。
從下午2點到晚上11點半止

From Walilei to Danshui MRT:
every 20 mins: Start 2pm, Finish 12am
從 哇哩咧到淡水每隔20分鐘就有一班車。
從下午2點到晚上11點半止

5:30 AM MORNING bus to Danshui Mrt.
5:30AM一班車 從哇哩咧到淡水捷運站

by Taxi: Taxis from HongShuLin Mrt are more
accessible to get to beachfest and at regular rates
are roughly $200-$300NT from HongShuLin MRT.

Where’s Walilei? 哇哩咧在那裡?

Take hwy 2 north towards Danshui, follows signs
to Baishawan, after entering Sanzhi township you
will pass a large sign for Qianshui Wan(淺水灣).
Go 1.6km and Walilei is on the left about 100m after
the small blue over-pass.
地址:台北縣三芝鄉北勢子12-1號
(2號公路 16.5K)
電話: Tel:02 26360851
Fax:02 26360861
walileitw.com

Food stalls and BBQ will be available from afternoon
till early evening.

for more info:
reggaebeachfest.blogspot.com

[color=#FF0000]GOOGLE MAP [/color] BEACHFEST
maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&pt … 07274&z=12

Feel free to contact us if you need more details :beatnik:

If you wish stay around beachfest during the week kend … contact the hotel situate at baishawan:
It is a new place and nice. Just across the street from the beach.

Room rates are like this:

6 people room 3480
5 people room 2980
4 people room 2580
3 people room 2180
2 people room 1580/1380

Sun Family Hotel: baishawan.myweb.hinet.net
Email: baishawan0202@gmail.com
Phone: 02-2638-3225

Infos about artist who will perform @ Beachfest 2010

Artist Information:

Carib Rocks: thecaribrocks.net/TOP.html
Miffer: myspace.com/miffermiffermiffer
Strong vocal voice
Skaraoke: myspace.com/skaraoke

Splendor: Native of Triinidad and Tobago and a seasoned artist, also currently working with the O-Brothaz on his solo career. He has been singing since 19 years old and has performed in Asia and the Caribbean. He has also worked with some of the best names in Trinidad and is not to be missed. He has a large arsenal of different styles but his love is reggae.

Sunny Smalls: Paiwan singer from Tainan. Her singing has attracted audiences from Japan and as far as Jamaica. Currently under the O-Brothaz label she has already sung at many shows in Taiwan and is gathering a faithful following. She sings in Taiwanese, Chinese and English

Ice: One of Taiwan’s newest reggae singers, writes his own lyrics and song and has been working with O-Brothaz Productions to produce some tracks. Although new to stage performance is gaining confidence and lyrics and style will make him an upcoming force in the reggae scene in Taiwan.

Matzka:
youtube.com/watch?v=wvmeF5CJzg8
youtube.com/watch?v=DL6yLDv4fUI

Jeck Pilpil and Peace Pipe: myspace.com/jeckpilpilandpeacepipe
eck Pilpil born February 14, 1977 in Manila, Philippines. Singer/Songwriter, musician started playing Reggae music with PeacePipe since 2002. At the age of 32 Jeck has released 2 full length albums all original songs, 4 other compositions are included in 3 compilations album all under Galaxy records Philippines. JeCK PiLPiL & Peace Pipe, one of the country’s premier reggae act, has once again hit the tracks and recorded their sophomore album entitled Mabuhay Revolution the highly anticipated release of Mabuhay Revolution is the follow-up to their self-titled debut album. JeCK PiLPiL epitomizes the message of the reggae vibe - social, political, and spiritual awakening. It also shows the opulent culture of the Filipino race, the signature songs JeCK PiLPiL has been known for. They are one of the few Artists who put emphasis on the rich Filipino culture and utmost respect to mother nature. Feel the good vibes and rhythm of Jeck PiLPiL & PeacePipe’s new tracks Filipina Island Gyal, Lord is my salvation, Corruption, Sweet Reggae Music, Rise Up, I was wrong, We Are Poor, Holy Mount Zion, Watawat & Mabuhay Revolution. New songs that will definitely awaken the human spirit; expose the the wrongdoings in the society; appreciate the purity of nature and at the same time enjoy the soothing sound of the reggae vibe Filipino style JeCK PiLPiL & Peace Pipe.
“Sons and Daughters will rise again to fulfill the goals of revolution” Essence 1981

“The meek shall inherit the Earth”

Ras Junior Alpha: Reggae singer from Guinea. Has done stunning performances before at Islandjam Live Reggae 2009. Now will re-appear for the first time in Taiwan since that time. Has a rough reggae style and is versatile on Roots and Dancehall alike. His upbeat and strong stage presence has made him well liked in previous shows.

My friends and I who were attending are so SICK of the overwhelming deluge of repeated continuous face book emails that we are boycotting by not attending this event.

It takes a lot of time and effort to put something of this size together. There are at least 30 performers, as well as tons of other things like sound, venue, and busses (royal pain in the ass) to deal with in the weeks and months before any party like this takes place.

I agree that there has been an overload of messages sent from facebook for many events recently. That is one (of many) of the site’s problems. BUT WITH THAT SAID, if you like having a good time, if you enjoy sand, if you like sunshine, if you are a fan or reggae music, if you like people enjoying themselves, then don’t let a few extra facebook messages spoil a great day of music in the sunshine.

If you are annoyed at overpromotion for anything on facebook, a simple way to not get the messages is to click not attending on any event you get invited to. Then, a few days before, either click attending or go to that facebook page and find the most updated info. Then you are all good. It’d seriously be a shame to miss out on all the fun just because you get a few extra messages in your inbox.

my 2NT

I agree about the facebook flood, but that wouldn’t change my decision to enjoy the music there …

Humph! Nobody invited ME. I’m not going to somewhere I’m not bloody well wanted.

You can have MY invitations.
I’ve been bombarded too.

Will there be a lot of people smoking big fat skunky doobies? That could persuade me.

I also quit the FB group due to insane over spamming of the event. Personally I don’t think I’ll go up, obviously not 100% due to the spam, but let’s just say it didn’t help. Poor form from the organizers, although sadly part of a wider FB excessive event spam trend.

if I could find where to get some of the green stuff, I wish I could be one of those…

if I could find where to get some of the green stuff, I wish I could be one of those…[/quote]
A reggae event that isn’t held under a haze of smoke sounds kind of pathetic to me. Kind of like alcohol-free lager. :laughing:

I’ll try to smoke binglang leaves, let’s see the effects…

:pray: :roflmao: :pray:

if you like sunshine don’t organize outdoor events in the monsoon season…the pool party is already canceled…(altho’ to be fair what can you do with Taipei’s shite weather?)

Thanks to complain and critics that help for the promotion !
if you guys are tired to get email or messages in face book just leave the islandjam group or delete my name from your freinds list that set :sunglasses: … you guys are a very very small % of peoples who complains about it, that its normal , always have peole not happy about something aha even if you have number one promotion system ! so im open to suggestions, advice and ready to learn things to improve my sytem of promotion, coz i learn everyday about it … but critic like that honesly i dont really care … i just ask u you guys to try even one time to organize a festival in taiwan and you will understand what im talking about, i try to promot reggae in taiwan, not hip hop or rock music … i do that for 7 years , it is a hard work and not easy, specialy when u start from nothing and small budget ! … every body do mistake , i do mistake but im organiser and im doing my best for to not bother people in my promotion …but in the same time to be promoter its also “to bother people” with infos ! if you are not doing that who will no about your event? you cannot be shy ! , just put a post and leave and wait 1000 people at your event ! … promotion always move, and going differents directions… u must remind people all the times, coz people are busy and sometime lazy to get infos correctly … you can to create the best page event on face book with all details …trust me , you will just realize quickly that some people are too lazy to check correctly ! i told u that by experience …
yeah if you are oraganizer , the most important its the result … doesnt matter the way u do it , most important it is the result ,.if you get people or not and if your event is a sucess or not … that set …

Not enough to spam people on facebook, now you’re gonna spam the events forum too? How is this an event and not just a random rant withnocapitalizationorreallyanypunctuation?

Not getting a tear out of me, buddy.

Genitals.

[quote=“ISLAND JAM”]Thanks to complain and critics that help for the promotion !
if you guys are tired to get email or messages in face book just leave the islandjam group or delete my name from your freinds list that set :sunglasses: … you guys are a very very small % of peoples who complains about it, that its normal , always have peole not happy about something aha even if you have number one promotion system ! so im open to suggestions, advice and ready to learn things to improve my sytem of promotion, because i learn everyday about it … but critic like that honesly I don’t really care … i just ask u you guys to try even one time to organize a festival in taiwan and you will understand what im talking about, i try to promot reggae in taiwan, not hip hop or rock music … I do that for 7 years , it is a hard work and not easy, specialy when u start from nothing and small budget ! … every body do mistake , I do mistake but im organiser and im doing my best for to not bother people in my promotion …but in the same time to be promoter its also “to bother people” with infos ! if you are not doing that who will no about your event? you cannot be shy ! , just put a post and leave and wait 1000 people at your event ! … promotion always move, and going differents directions… u must remind people all the times, because people are busy and sometime lazy to get infos correctly … you can to create the best page event on face book with all details …trust me , you will just realize quickly that some people are too lazy to check correctly ! i told u that by experience …
yeah if you are oraganizer , the most important its the result … doesnt matter the way u do it , most important it is the result ,.if you get people or not and if your event is a sucess or not … that set …[/quote]

that’s the best stoned rant I’ve seen since SRV’s legendary “I may be white but I ain’t stupid” speech…

…make mine a triple skinner bro’…

hope & change man…hope & change…