Registering a patent?

I have invented something wonderful that everybody will not be able to do without.

How do I keep my idea from being stolen in taiwan or anywhere?

I keep thinking about “KLC” chicken.

I have another idea that is basically a machine tool, but thats on the back burner…

[quote=“canucktyuktuk”]I have invented something wonderful that everybody will not be able to do without.

How do I keep my idea from being stolen in taiwan or anywhere?

I keep thinking about “KLC” chicken.

I have another idea that is basically a machine tool, but thats on the back burner…[/quote]

Talk to scomargo. I believe he has a license to grant patents, or something like that.

Believe me, I get absolutely no commision or extra benefit from posting this. I’m providing this info as a public service.

If you do a search for Taiwan Patent Firm or something similar, you can probably get a handful of companies that can help you. The company that I work for is one of them, but there are plenty of others. There is a wide range in the quality of service and fees charged.

Basically, you’ll need to file a patent application in each country that you seek patent protection in. If you’re the one paying the fees, it can get incredibly expensive. Just filing an application on your own in the US could cost hundreds of dollars. That excludes any fees that a law firm would charge if you choose to use one, and those fees would be many times more.

Good luck. Don’t forget us little guys when you get rich. :wink:

[quote=“scomargo”]Believe me, I get absolutely no commision or extra benefit from posting this. I’m providing this info as a public service.
[/quote]

Even if you did we’d all forgive you as you have two kids to support now. :wink:

What scomargo said. In addition, the quality of the patent affects the value of the patent. You will save money applying by yourself, but it may not be worth the paper it is printed on. :wink:

There are several of us on f.com that could help you apply for a patent in various countries.

Scomargo’s firm is a reputable one, as is my firm. Send a PM to me if you are interested in learning more about the process or fees.

Btw, while the process is fairly painless it takes time to receive a patent. Expect to wait 18-36 months until it issues.