Rehoming my two very loving cats

It looks like I’m going to be repatriating within the next two months and I need to find a good home to my two kitties. I would prefer they remain together as they have since the little one was a kitten, but I guess beggars can’t be choosers.

Isalu is a 9-year-old neutered male who is very affectionate and loves curling up next to you. He mostly white with black, brown, gray and orange patches. He has beautiful blue eyes that range from stormy gray to soft azure and the most delicious purr.

Mariposa is 5 years old and has been spayed. She’s very quirky and seems to think she’s a dog in how she will wag her tail when happy, play fetch, and wait for you by the door when you come home. She loves having her belly rubbed and likes to curl up on your back or perch on your shoulder like a parrot when you are relaxing or sleeping.

They are very calm and loving kitties. I hope you can help provide a replacement for me in their lives.

This is a video of them together…
Mariposa grooming Isalu

Please send me an email at scottty820takethisoutwhenyouemailme@gmail.com if you think you can give them a loving home.

Any reason why they can’t come with you?

1. I don’t get an option on having pets since I am already imposing on my mother by moving back into her house. Her house, her rules.

2. I am already having to rely on my last paycheck to even buy the plane ticket and don’t really have the funds to pay for shipping two cats home whom won’t even have a place to stay when I get there.

I already feel shitty about the fact that I learned two days ago I have no job for the summer, yesterday that I have no job period, and today that there is not even a hint of hope for getting my job back. I feel shitty that I am having to give up the closest experience I have to being a parent after having lost my own child two years ago. I don’t really need the guilt trip or the “why don’t you just…”. Thank you.

Wow, ImaniOU. Love and best wishes. This is going to suck, but it’s also a great opportunity. Thinking of you.

[quote=“ImaniOU”]1) I don’t get an option on having pets since I am already imposing on my mother by moving back into her house. Her house, her rules.

1. I am already having to rely on my last paycheck to even buy the plane ticket and don’t really have the funds to pay for shipping two cats home whom won’t even have a place to stay when I get there.

I already feel shitty about the fact that I learned two days ago I have no job for the summer, yesterday that I have no job period, and today that there is not even a hint of hope for getting my job back. I feel shitty that I am having to give up the closest experience I have to being a parent after having lost my own child two years ago. I don’t really need the guilt trip or the “why don’t you just…”. Thank you.[/quote]

I didn’t give you a guilt trip. I asked a question in case I was able to help. Cats are incredibly easy and cheap to ship back to the US.

[quote]“ImaniOU,
I don’t know anything about the circumstances of your departure from the ROC, so sorry if my question is a bit out-of-line. Have you looked into taking your cats back with you? Many people overestimate the cost and difficulty of sending pets home. Taking cats to the US is actually surprisingly easy and cheap. If you need any advice or help with the process, please feel free to ask.”[/quote]
:thumbsup:

Good luck with your move back, Imaniou.

Thank you for the love. It’s as much a question of whether or not I can afford it as much as where will they live. My mother grudgingly will let me live with her until I can get on my feet again, but has made it abundantly clear that my cats will not be moving in too. And since my life is at a flux right now, I’d like to make sure they have somewhere to go just in case I have to leave on the fly.

I’d like to think it would be temporary. That if I do go back to the States, it’s only to get my teaching certs so I can come back here and have more options. But I’ve only had three days to digest the fact that I’m going to be unemployed a week from tomorrow, I am trying to take care of the most difficult thing first, and thinking of the long-term has to wait until I can take care of the immediate.

[quote=“ImaniOU”]Thank you for the love. It’s as much a question of whether or not I can afford it as much as where will they live. My mother grudgingly will let me live with her until I can get on my feet again, but has made it abundantly clear that my cats will not be moving in too. And since my life is at a flux right now, I’d like to make sure they have somewhere to go just in case I have to leave on the fly.

I’d like to think it would be temporary. That if I do go back to the States, it’s only to get my teaching certs so I can come back here and have more options. But I’ve only had three days to digest the fact that I’m going to be unemployed a week from tomorrow, I am trying to take care of the most difficult thing first, and thinking of the long-term has to wait until I can take care of the immediate.[/quote]

Any options of finding other employment here?

All the best either way…wherever you land.

I am working on options, but last time I tried looking for a job, I came up with nothing. The time before that, it took seven months before I got my soon-to-be-former job. And before that six months, even with the English market booming…back in 2001. All of this before the economic collapse. Thus why I am planning for a return to the States since it seems more likely to happen than finding a job here. And this is keeping in mind the running joke of how I’ve been saying I’m leaving for the last nine years.

Hang in there.

Just saw a vid of your two cats. Yes very sweet kitties. They seem happy together and i hope they stay together, it will be a shame to split them up !! I do hope you get to stay in Taiwan with a new job (unless you really want to go back to the states) and your cats get a great new home if you do leave.

Now that the employment status has gone from ending this Saturday to having ended last Saturday (just found out this afternoon in time to not have taught my class today or say goodbye to them or any of my other classes), I am going to try a visa run either to keep looking for a job or at least have more time to tie up loose ends… more time than 15 days… well, 14 days and 1.5 hours now.

Sorry to hear of it ImaniOU. I hope the future brings you better circumstances, whether in Taiwan or in your home country.

Any news? (good, i hope) I’ve been checking in every day but it’s been so quiet!

Sorry for the silence. I just got my work permit today and will be heading to the immigration office soon, providing I can scrounge up enough money for changing my visa when my private pays me this week.

The kitties are fine and making for not having me there for those three days. They have both been napping in my room right where they can see me, although I suspect that’s because I only turn on the aircon in my room. :ponder:

Dr. McCoy likes this.

Good luck, everybody needs some sometimes!

So that means you’re staying? With kitties?
Oh joy!
I remember this blog you wrote ages ago about one of the happiest things that happened to you and it was getting one of your kitties.
I hope everything works out for you and your kitty family.