Reliability of CPI SM 250

awesome. thanks for the heads up.
yeah. on that CPI club page you gave me ive seen some really rad bikes (and
some just ok ones)
none as cheap as yours. but most have lots of mods. which is fine. i like
modded bikes. just unsure what is worhtwhile and what is not. good to know
about the brakes. ive seen lots w those on them, so thats good.
how do you feel about your front shocks? that seems to be a common mod too.

this one i liked particularly. and at 70k for a 2014 seems pretty good bang
for bux.

this red and black one is kinda ridic. its a 2015 bored out to i think 290
w custom intercoolers. but for 85k… i dont know if im willing to spend
that. i know the mods where prob more than that. but. still…

i like its japanese demon decals too.

as my chinese is google translated, i never really know what the actual
mods are… haha.

whats this little digital thing some have on the bars? ive seen some with
more than one
i too will eventually get a red plate. but for the first year, it looks
like this is the best im gonna get.
(easy to find anyways… until i build up an SR150 to a nice tracker… but i
wanna take my time doing that)

If you like to have something for on and off road, I need to sell my F650GS Dakar at some point.

BTW, anyone owning/riding a CPI… please change that rear caliper. It is not working well, or not in the early models.

I was a problem in the 2004 (?) models. Later bikes had different design and should be fine. You can tell me by the logo on the side cover of the engine.

If you wait long enough you’ll see bikes priced as cheap, or cheaper than mine. Thing is, it’s risky to buy one’s that low in price, they will be fixer uppers for sure, like mine.

The inverted front fork mod looks really cool, but I don’t think it’s necessary, very marginal gains with one installed. They quite pricey, NT$20k +. But if you happen to buy a bike with one already installed, then why not, go for it.

I’d stay away from heavy engine mods, reliability will be an issue. Stock it’s a fairly quick bike anyways. I’m pretty sure the digital readouts you see are either displaying engine temp or oil pressure.

If you’re also into SRs check out this Facebook group, it’s just like the CPI group with everything!

I’m heavily leaning on getting a used Yamaha MT-07 since they’re the best bang-for-the-buck and have low running costs. But I am partial to GSs, depending on the price you’ll be asking for it I may be interested. I’ll be looking to buy either at the end of the year, or early next year.

thanks yall.
I almsot had a GS Dakar in Playa del Carmen. a bit tall for me. i had to constantly make sure ihad a curb to stop on. but awesome bike.
i was on my way to gert a Ducati Scrambler here. but, as im leaving, well… will have to adapt to the home environment there. haha.
GS, Tiger and… i forget the 3rd… all ncie bikes.
or a nice K90 converted to a tracker. hehehe. THAT would be my 1st choice. esp in Mex, or TW where manual labor is not prohibitively expensive.