Religious Visa for Taiwan

Can anyone share about the requirements or the procedure on applying / obtaining religious Visa for Taiwan?
Thanks in advance !
:slightly_smiling_face::pray:

You need to be sponsored by a recognised church / temple in Taiwan. They apply for you, you don’t apply yourself

1 Like

Everyone I know with this kind of visa all work for some organization. They provide the paperwork for you to apply.

Not everyone do this as there are restrictions such as not being able to do any sort of paid work at all, everything you do has to be for the organization, etc. so some missionaries I know just get an ARC based on teaching.

1 Like

It more difficult now than it was 10 yrs ago. You need to be part of a recognised religious organisation in Taiwan who apply for you. There are many restrictions including you must be qualified - which in a Christian context now seems to mean you have been to seminary + pastored a Church after that. I would imagine similar for other religions.

1 Like

It’s not THAT dramatic. Maybe if you were getting a visa to be a church pastor then they would probably want a seminary degree but there are plenty of YWAM missionaries who are lay ministers, as in they don’t have formal ThD type degrees or anything. It depends on the standing of the missionary organization and what posts they are inviting you for. But if the group invites you then it shouldn’t be hard to get the visa.

There are also visas where you work for nonprofit organizations too.

YWAM is a special case, and one that looks to be ending soon as well to bring them into line with others.

1 Like