Relocation with 8 months old child

I am about to make relocation in Taipei with my wife and 8 months old child. im arriving at August and my wife and child joining me 1 month later.

after asking about housing and reading the answers here i tends more to realize the Da’an park area is probably the one we are looking for.

one more important question. the factor of having 8 month old child. it is important for my wife that there will be some families (including expats) with infants in that area and some places to meet them like afternoon courses with the childs, meet them in the park, ets.
we would probably have a nanny inhouse but in adition we would like to have some kind of possiblilities for the child to be with other kids. maybe even in the morning once or twice a week in some kind of kindergarden.
I am sure the ideal area for this kind of activities (specialy for being with other expats) would be Tianmu but I am afraid it is too far (i will learn at Shi-da and my wife will work near the city goverment area) and also im not sure this area is realy our style… (no offence…).
anyway, for Da’an area, is this factor exict?

and generally, I would be happy to get some advices about activities for 8 months old child (with or without his mother…).

[quote=“dudzaar02”]one more important question. the factor of having 8 month old child. it is important for my wife that there will be some families (including expats) with infants in that area and some places to meet them like afternoon courses with the childs, meet them in the park, ets.
we would probably have a nanny inhouse but in adition we would like to have some kind of possiblilities for the child to be with other kids. maybe even in the morning once or twice a week in some kind of kindergarden.[/quote]
You might want to consider Lotus Hill.
It’s closer (a little) than Tianmu to Shi-Da, and much closer to Taipei City Gov’t. In fact there’s a shuttle bus that goes directly to the Taipei City Hall MRT station. (Although with the completion of the Neihu Line, they might reroute to there, as it’s much closer. Lotus Hill is awesome for families, though.

We have quite a few moms with little ones about your child’s age, that meet in Taipei City on Wednesday mornings, as well as having smaller gatherings during the week. Many are away for summer and will be back the end of August. You can see a list of playgroup meetups at http://www.parentpages.net.

You heard this somewhere? E and I were thinking that this would not happen. There has to be a bus link to Chinatrust was one version I heard, nothing ever changes in Taiwan was another.

Does the bus still not stop at Donghu MRT? Last time I asked to be dropped there (before the MRT opened) they were very grumpy about it, and said it wasn’t a proper bus stop