Remodelling

[quote=“Loretta”]I don’t know what colours I prefer. I’m crap at colours. I can put them on, but only if someone tells me which ones to buy.

My current place is white (with a hint of something) walls and dark hardwood flooring. I like it. Simple, light, and airy. But I’m open to suggestions.[/quote]

Or you can make your own tapestries… get some cotton bedsheets and order some procion dyes off the net and tie dye it…

For plain and simple, I suggest stainless steel. It’s heat resistent and contemporary-looking, especially if you match it with tinted tempered glass for the wall behind the countertop.

While a raised bed saves space, it will get hot up there as heat rises. Something to consider for the summer months.

He doesn’t need a bed.

OK, enough of the hippy stuff!!!

You really don’t like that stuff? :astonished: :s

loretta,

get yourself down to page one/eselite and flick through a few architect/design books and mags. figure out a style that appeals, colours you like, floor coverings, etc. buy a few mags and cut out what you like.

i am like you, impossible to figure out where to start with a blank canvas, but know what i like when i see it.

most everything can be done on the cheap - plenty of knock-off places in taiwan. ikea is good when you know what you want and are looking for something specific, but unless you want your house looking like Jack/Tyler Durden’s I would not go all ikea.