Renaming the Flounder Forum

Perhaps renaming of the Flounder Forum to something akin to “Chit Chat and Temporary Fun Forum” or “Thoughts of the Day” would be less offensive to those wound up on too many espressos? I propose we have a RENAME THE FLOUNDER FORUM contest! Let the fun begin!

I don’t find the name flounder degrading. I used to go floundering in the sea and sometimes CRABS were caught in the net. There’s a lot of name of ocean bottom dwellers that could be far more offensive in my opinion.

Let’s call it CRABS. Thinking about it, that could be a good name for a separate forum containing only complaints about floundered posts or just complaints.

The Murky Depths.

The Flounder Forum started life as a moderator-only forum for thigs that A) smelled fishy, or B) Weren’t going anywhere (floundering). It’s a pretty good name really.

Later it was thought that temporary chatty stuff could go there, rather than starting a new forum, so it was renamed the Flounder (Temporary) Forum. Not quite so catchy.

Brian

Yup. What he said. :sunglasses:

Hmm. Instead of the Flounder (Temporary) Forum, how about the Finite Flounder Forum?

Sounds great man. Fantastic!

You could rename the “Flounder Forum” to something that emphasizes the temporary nature rather than the garbage element. It may reduce the amount of complaints of “hey why’d my thread get floundered!?”

Guest House?

Transient Topics?

Death Row? (ha…kidding with this one).

[quote=“myury”]You could rename the “Flounder Forum” to something that emphasizes the temporary nature rather than the garbage element. It may reduce the amount of complaints of “hey why’d my thread get floundered!?”[/quote]I think this is an excellent idea, and might in fact encourage people to post in that forum when the topic is only of temporary relevance, as I do sometimes.

I think it’s time to rename the flounder forum. It’s raison d’etre will remain the same, but I think we can come up with a better name. Propose some names, and I’ll let the moderators put it to a vote.

I propose The Finite Forum.

Forum Description:
Previously known as the Flounder Forum, this forum has a 15-day shelf life for topics moved here. Forumosans and Forumosan Mods may use this for posts that don’t need a permanent home on Forumosa, silly posts, multiple postings, posted articles without original content, threads that don’t belong in any of the other forums, and any threads that smell like a flounder, er, fishy.

[quote=“Maoman”]I propose The Finite Forum.

Forum Description:
Previously known as the Flounder Forum, this forum has a 15-day shelf life for topics moved here. Forumosans and Forumosan Mods may use this for posts that don’t need a permanent home on Forumosa, silly posts, multiple postings, posted articles without original content, threads that don’t belong in any of the other forums, and any threads that smell like a flounder, er, fishy.[/quote]

Sounds good. Encouraging to be able to say my post is “in finite”

I don’t see the need to rename Flounder just because a couple of people get their panties in a bunch over getting Floundered. They’d eventually start getting shitty about it going into whatever the new name was anyway, so what’s the point?

knickers.

I’ve gone into the knickers again.

cul-de-sac :laughing:

The Fade-away Forum sounds O.K. to me.

I’m offended that you would listen to these nuts and change the name. Don’t be so daft!

[color=red]Limbo[/color]

Limbo was the first circle of Hell in Dante’s Inferno… it was the place that the unbaptized and virtuous pagans were sent. These souls were not terrible sinners, but they failed to accept Christ. They were not punished in an active sense, but instead were merely unable to reach Heaven and thus denied God’s presence for eternity.

The really bad stuff (flames and other grave sins) goes to the lower 8 circles of Hell (the Flame Forum).

:ponder:

[quote=“Tigerman”][color=red]Limbo[/color]

Limbo was the first circle of Hell in Dante’s Inferno… it was the place that the unbaptized and virtuous pagans were sent. These souls were not terrible sinners, but they failed to accept Christ. They were not punished in an active sense, but instead were merely unable to reach Heaven and thus denied God’s presence for eternity.

The really bad stuff (flames and other grave sins) goes to the lower 8 circles of Hell (the Flame Forum).

:ponder:[/quote]

Not a bad idea, but then posts that end up in purgatory must be able to be redeemed from there.

[quote=“Maoman”]I

I propose The Finite Forum.

[/quote]

I would hate my posts being finited.

Fading a post sounds more humane. We could have posts like, “Why is my thread fading away?”

The Plank!

arrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh!